Title: Management Accountant - Family Office
Company Name: Meriton Property Services Pty Ltd
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, sydney
Employment Status: Full Time
For over 50 years, Meriton has been designing and building award-winning apartments in the best possible locations, with more than 75,000 apartments to our name across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
We have a strong opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant to join the team, providing reporting, insights and improvement to the finance team. This role will handle accounting and other related items for the Triguboff family group.
Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- End to end reporting in MYOB/AX(Microsoft dynamics) for multiple entities, but not all have regular transactions (over 50)
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of weekly reports, including movement, P&L, balance sheets and tax.
- Co-ordinating and setting up approval for payments of invoices
- Ensuring all payments are made within the required timeframes and taking advantage of all early payment discounts.
- Reviewing and entering into MYOB all property management reports for retained/investment properties
- Setting up audit files and documentation for audit/tax review.
- Preparing monthly/quarterly/annual documentation for BAS returns
- preparing forecasts/budgets of income, expense and tax for family office
- preparing cash flows for family office as required
- Checking bank and interest calculations and payments
- Reviewing accuracy of direct debits / charges to family bank accounts
- Tracking off shore, on-shore listed and unlisted equity & investment positions and dividends (IRESS)
- Experience within a High Net Wealth Family Office is required.
- Knowledge (highlighted in CV) of different entity types (accounting and tax) ie - companies, trusts, SMSF, foundations.
- Highly motivated and resilient
- Excellent communication skills
- Detailed and results orientated
- Property experience a bonus
- Ability to quickly assess and prioritise tasks
- Strong people skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Attention to detail and highly accurate
- Proactive and willing to get the job done
The successful candidate must be CA/CPA qualified.
Due to the nature of this role, only candidates with full, permanent work rights and the ability to work from our CBD Head Office will be considered. Remote working and sponsorship are unfortunately not available for the role. Please apply with an up to date CV.
Recruitment agencies: please note this role is not available for release to agency. Meriton will award no representation rights for unsolicited CV's sent for roles not released directly to the Agency by our recruitment department, and reserve the right to pursue any candidate directly, that is sent without Meriton's express consent.