Title: Management Accountant
Company Name: Transparency Business Services
Job Location: Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Employment Status: Part Time
ROLE OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your role and employment within Transparency Business Services is “Management Accountant”.
Success in This Role
Your performance in this role is judged on three criteria:
- Management of small team of Accountants
- We have a small team of 6 outsourced management accountants. Your role will be to assist with management and direction of the team. This includes guiding them with technical accounting questions, reviewing their work and light mentorship.
- Complete Tasks on Budget (i.e. time taken to complete tasks)
- Tasks provided are completed in the timeframe given at the commencement of the tasks; and
- Comparable to other people within the business at the role completing the same or similar tasks.
- All reporting and reconciliation work completed is completed to the accuracy standards required for work presented internal (i.e. to your manager/reviewer) and/or the client who will be the ultimate recipient of your work;
- This includes a clear presentation of workpapers understandable for a third party and set out in a manner which allows for ease of recall of what has been completed; and
- An understanding of accounting concepts to resolve queries, identify errors and take appropriate corrective action.
Application of these Concepts
The application of the traits of “Completing Tasks on Budget” and “Accuracy” is required for the two areas of work which you are required to complete tasks and they are:
- End of Month/End of Financial Year (EOM/EOFY) work; and
There is no specific “rule” as to the balance of the work you will be completing however it is expected you are competent and proficient in both EOM/EOFY and Project work.
- EOM and EOFY Work
- This includes review and reconciliation of monthly financials to ensure balance sheet and profit and loss statements reconcile to source documentation/information including;
- Appropriate corrective action to errors made by clients (eg reconciliation of wages due to misallocation of payments), standard monthly tasks completed by Transparency Business Services (eg equipment finance reconciliations) and identification of areas which require further investigation and taking corrective action (eg stock valuation to stock report discrepancies).
- Completing of financial reporting, analysis and if required agenda for finance meeting;
- Responding to client queries which they may raise during the EOM/EOFY process and providing corrective action and/or feedback on what to do “next time”; and
- Reconciling EOFY accountant financials to clients financial accounting system by calculating and executing EOFY adjustments.
- Projects are defined as applying our accounting knowledge to applied situations for each of our clients. There are examples of projects which occur relatively frequently (eg budgeting) and those which will literally be a one-off scenario (eg creating a reporting template for a client accounting system provider to develop);
- Responding to client emails either directly or via your manager; and
- This area can require a degree of creativity to understand the most efficient way to arrive at the appropriate outcome for the client’s requirements.
**This is a work from home role with future potential days in an office.