Title: Manager, Revenue Operations - Education
Company Name: Michael Page Accounting & Finance
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, sydney
Employment Status: Full Time
The Manager of Revenue Operations is accountable for the completion of month end results relating to their portfolio, engaging with FP&A analysts to support timely reporting and working closely and in partnership with their Finance Business Partner peers to ensure external stakeholder expectations are met for a timely, accurate and insightful month end close.
Our client is a pioneer in the education industry. You will be working for an institution who prides themselves on providing the highest level of educational services through transformative learning and life experiences. You will be at the forefront of planning the financial aspects of their diverse range of projects and exciting philanthropic initiatives. This is an extremely rewarding position as your financial expertise will be empowering individuals to grow and develop.
- Oversee project ledger maintenance and project set-up for research and other revenue
- Review and approval of balance sheet and other GL reconciliations
- Review of primary entity-wide results in company-wide revenue
- Critically review and analyse revenue performance
- Manage grant funding reporting requirements including individual grant acquittals and annual submissions to data collection and research teams
- Ensures revenue recognition is in line with policies by reviewing contracts and revenue recognition checklists with stakeholders, and ensures the appropriate process if followed for revenue recognition applications
- Manage, coach and drive a high-performing and service- focused culture within the team
- Accountable for the application of finance policies and procedures and internal controls over assigned responsibilities
- Manage the implementation of accounting processes for new initiatives
- Manage external research audits and oversee the provision of materials within their area of accountability for external auditors
Degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
5+ years of post CA/CPA qualification in accounting or finance in a complex role.
Experience managing a finance team combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders and applied experience with the application of revenue accounting standards across complex revenue streams.
Proven capability to conduct audits and independently analyse, interpret, and report on financial information.
Problem-solving skills in order to review the companies processes, systems and policies and implement new initiatives and programs.
Demonstrated experience with the application of revenue accounting standards (e.g., AASB15 or 1058) and the application across complex revenue streams
- Management experience in a large growing company
- Work in an extremely rewarding field with other passionate and motivated individuals
- Further career opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- $140,000 - $150,000 package
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below.
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Ross MacDonald on +61 2 8292 2157.