Title: (Part Time) Credit Control Officer - IT Services Company
Company Name: AC3 Pty Limited
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, sydney
Employment Status: Part Time
About the company
At AC3, our purpose is to make technology real, and as the leaders in secure multi-cloud solutions, we get to do this for our customers every day. We are an Australian owned ICT MSP, with offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland, servicing over 50% of the NSW State Government and over 700 enterprise customers.
We are a growing business with a focus on three technology areas – cloud and infrastructure, cyber security, and software and data integration. We support our customers at every step of their technology journey, from consult, to procure and build, to run and optimise and talent management.
We’re a company that believes in doing the right thing by our customers and each other, and delivering on our promises. Beyond getting to work with cool tech and cool clients, you’ll also find real recognition and flexible work that works for you.
About the role
Credit Control is vital to AC3’s business as it helps to sustain a dependable cashflow, identify issues with customer experiences, maintain good customer relations and assists in managing cashflow.
This role will work closely with the Finance, Operations and Sales teams to make sure we provide a consistent and reliable experience to customer and internal departments.
Skills & experience
- Maintaining and enforcing the Debt Management Policy
- Making / receiving a high volume of outbound / inbound calls and emails to pro-actively collect and manage overdue customer debt
- Escalating invoice disputes/payment delays in line with the Debt Management Policy
- Issuing final reminders, demands, notices of disconnection and defaults where needed
- Keeping notes of all customer interactions within AC3’systems
- Documenting all write-offs in line with the Debt Management Policy
- Assist in assigning queries to the relevant finance personnel
- 3-5 years’ credit control experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confidence and ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong ability to follow processes and execute assigned tasks
- High level of initiative and motivation
- Strong sense of business ethics and transparency
- Ability to work with difficult accounts
Culture is a top priority at AC3. We approach business with family values, which means people here have real relationships that go beyond work. We believe it’s important that everyone is heard and treated with respect, whether you have the next big idea or simply a question. We’d love for you to experience the AC3 way for yourself! Benefits
- Join a fast growing organisation with an awesome culture - 20th Great Place to Work in Australia!
- Work with the latest technologies
- Develop your career
- Fun & Friendly team
- Convenient Sydney CBD location
- $65,000 - 70,000 (pro rata 39,000 - 42,000) + Super + Benefits per annum
- ASAP start