Title: Part-Time Finance Administrator
Company Name: Citizen Advocacy
Job Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth, Northern Suburbs & Joondalup, osbornepark
Employment Status: Part Time
Citizen Advocacy Perth West are seeking a part-time Finance Administrator to join their friendly team. Hours and days required are:
15 per week
5 per day – Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
Benefits include: Salary sacrifice, free parking, ongoing training opportunities, supportive team environment.
The Finance Administrator is responsible for maintaining Citizen Advocacy Perth West’s finance and reporting requirements effectively and works alongside the accounts team, reporting into the Team Leader / Senior Coordinator.
- Calculate wages, superannuation and leave entitlements, updating accounting records and providing payslips and payroll details to ATO.
- Monitor investment accounts ensuring that funds are available to meet expenses as they arise.
- Control payment of purchase invoices obtaining secondary authorisation as needed.
- Prepare monthly accounts including bank reconciliations, profit & loss, balance sheet and transaction statements.
- Control all income including DSS income plus any grants/donations and update accounting records.
- Prepare, lodge and pay GST/PAYE and update accounting records.
- Reconcile office debit cards.
- Complete census reporting in line with DSS requirements.
- Liaise with Auditor to conduct audit of financial records and provide to AGM and Funding Agreement Manager once complete.
- Provide financial statements to Charitable Collections and notify of changes of officeholders as necessary.
- Complete ACNC on-line reporting requirements.
- Work alongside coordination team to produce the bi-annual report for DEX, raising any training needs to Team Leader as identified.
- Contribute to content for regular newsletter as required.
- Deal with enquiries and referring to other organisations as necessary.
- Complete training spreadsheet with details of training attended.
- Provide cover for Reception as needed.
- Ad-hoc duties as required.
- Bookkeeping skills – ability to handle finances for a small organisation.
- Experience in using Xero accounting software and digital timesheet apps.
- Ability to prepare financial reports required for the Board and funding body.
- Ability and willingness to interact with a wide variety of people including those with disability.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of DSS (Department of Social Services) reporting requirements.
- Previous experience of using Microsoft Office 365.
- Previous experience of using web-based databases to record and extract information.
Please apply with an up to date resume and a covering letter addressing how you meet all the skills required.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?Do you have experience using Xero?Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?