Title: Payments Manager
Company Name: HelloFresh
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, chippendale
Employment Status: Full Time
Here at HelloFresh, we’re passionate about bringing dinner inspiration to everyday Australians. With 9 years of service under our belt, we are the market leader in the growing world of meal kit delivery services, operating in 15 different countries.
As we continue to deliver fresh, seasonal ingredients and delicious, wholesome recipes to our customers, we see our inspired community of empowered home-cooks continue to grow, and you could be a part of it!
Are you energetic and motivated with a team focus? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth environment? If you're looking for a role that lets you make an impact every single day, we'd love to hear from you.
As a Payments Manager, you will join a multi-national and cross-functional team where you will be working closely with local stakeholders in finance, marketing, tech and customer operations. Managing hundreds of millions of dollars in customer payments annually, your impact on the business will be felt from day one.
You will own the end-to- end workflows for the Australia and New Zealand brands and businesses, leading the ANZ customer payments function through a data driven, results oriented and innovative approach. You will form the link between our German based parent and local business stakeholders, to ensure both local and global initiatives are effectively executed, in order to enhance the customer’s payments journey.
- Manage a small team, ensuring the day-to-day payments operations & communication workflows
- Be in regular contact with our German based payments team, sharing ideas, data and experiences to ensure we maintain an aligned strategy and focus
- Develop and support on both local and global initiatives with cross-functional team involvement to improve our payment acceptance rates and customer experience through the payments journey
- Monitor, analyse and identify customer behavioral changes or new trends within the customer payments workflow, and utilise them to improve the payment acceptance rates
- Lead, monitor and recommend changes to fraud detection models
- Review, test and optimise outbound communications with overall customer profitability being at the forefront of our decision making
- Manage the internal and external dunnings and debt collection function
- Implement operational efficiencies through the automation and simplification of manual work with the assistance of our local and global tech teams
- Point of contact/ team lead for any inquiries from key business stakeholders
- 3+ years of professional experience, with a background in finance, engineering, economics or similar quantitative based field
- A strong analytical and or tech background – you are comfortable with general statistics, big data, SQL (Python or similar coding languages would be a plus)
- Ability to qualitatively and quantitatively identify, and report on trends
- Tech/start-up experience would be favourable as would experience with a payment service provider
- Strong Excel skills
- Familiarity with payments-related data the payments lifecycle and payment methods would be a plus
- A critical thinker—use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- An extremely reliable selfstarter with the ability to work autonomously and motivate both yourself and those around you in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working on multiple priorities simultaneously and meeting time-sensitive deadlines
- Data driven with a strong business acumen – manipulating and interpreting large amounts of data effectively is what you like.
- Skilled in communicating both qualitative and quantitative concepts to a variety of stakeholders
- Detail-oriented—careful and thorough in accomplishing tasks. You take pride in the quality and reliability of your outputs
What you’ll get in return…
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing global technology companies in an exciting growth phase
- 70% discount off HelloFresh boxes
- Flat hierarchies, constant learning with room for personal growth
- Free access to Headspace
- HelloFresh Academies - monthly internal learning & development
- A diverse and vibrant international environment, with offices in 15 countries
Start date: Immediate Start
Duration: Full time role. You must have the right to work full-time in Australia.
Location: Chippendale - Head Office
We are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other legally protected status.
To put it simply, everyone is welcome at our table.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?What's your expected annual base salary?Are you currently based in Australia?What's your desired Salary?Why HelloFresh?