Title: Payroll / Accounts Payable Officer
Company Name: BCI Minerals
Job Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs, westperth
Employment Status: Full Time
Payroll / Accounts Assistant
- We value diversity of people and ideas
- We care about our communities and the environment
- Excellent opportunity to join a world class project at development phase
BCI Minerals Limited (ASX:BCI) ("BCI") is an Australian-based company that is developing a salt and potash business.
BCI is focused on rapidly advancing its 100% owned Mardie Salt & Potash Project, a potential Tier 1 project located on the West Pilbara coast in the centre of Australia's key salt production region.
Mardie aims to produce 4.4Mtpa of high-purity salt and 120ktpa of sulphate of potash fertiliser via solar evaporation of seawater. Using an inexhaustible resource and a production process driven mainly by natural solar and wind energy, Mardie is a sustainable opportunity to supply the salt and potash growth markets in Asia over many decades.
A definitive feasibility study was completed in June 2020 and construction is targeted to commence in mid-2021.
Responsible for operating BCI's payroll and accounts payable functions efficiently and effectively, assisting the finance team with other financial transactions and administration support as required.
- Processing of BCI's monthly payroll.
- Maintaining employee data in the Company payroll system.
- Responding to queries from employers or line managers on employee payroll.
- Preparation of monthly payments for PAYG, Superannuation and Payroll Tax.
- Ensure accurate and confidential records management and storage for all documentation.
- Responding to queries from employees or their managers on payroll matters.
- Completion of credit application for new suppliers.
- Creating new suppliers in Pronto.
- Distribution of invoices for payment, ensuring all invoices are correctly coded and have the appropriate approval.
- Preparing periodic payment runs, EFT and cheques in accordance with payment terms.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations.
- Ensure GST on all invoices are correct for taxation purposes.
- Resolution of discrepancies and queries.
- Attending to account enquiries and discrepancies.
- Raising and entering pf procurement purchase requisitions.
- Understanding and adhering to internal controls and group accounting policies.
- Experience in maintaining and processing payroll for a medium to large workforce.
- End to end Accounts Payable function experience.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role within the resource sector.
- Experience in working with Pronto Accounting system.
- Proficient experience in Excel.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal), including consultation, negotiation and facilitation skills to effectively liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet objectives.
At BCI, we believe people are key to the success of the company. We are proud of our history and continue to strive for excellence. If you would like to be part of our team, and feel you have the relevant and required skills, we encourage you to apply.
BCI have signed the Veterans Employment Commitment declaring we value the skills and experience of ex-ADF members and will consider veterans for employment opportunities.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as an accounts payable officer?How many years of payroll experience do you have?What's your expected annual base salary?