Title: Payroll Administrator
Company Name: Bayside Personnel
Job Location: Melbourne
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
Our client is a multi-national oil and gas company, involved in a range of activities such as exploring natural gas and crude oil, refining, transporting and retail nationwide. They are now seeking a Payroll Administrator to join their team for an initial short term contract.
The purpose of the Payroll Administrator role is to;
- Administer the payrolls for all related companies
- Ensure integrity and security of employee information is maintained
- Ensure compliance with company, regulatory and statutory requirements relating to payroll, taxation, and the payment of superannuation
- Provide payroll advice and guidance on request to HR, employees and line managers.
- Validate new employee data setup, and process activation in payroll systems ensuring accurate and timely completion and correct payroll outputs
- Process employee master data changes within Payroll systems for monthly, award and international mobility employees
- Process employee master data changes for salaried employees, including mass data loads in the case of annual reviews and global data changes
- Undertake system leave administration for parental, study, purchase and other leave types.
- Own resolution of leave query and reporting requests
- Prepare and respond to ATO/Centrelink and ABS requests
- Provide payroll advice as required to employees and team leaders
- Manage payroll related queries including superannuation, allowances, incorrect pay amounts and if applicable car lease deductions queries
- Perform and close out time and attendance validations
- Ensure accurate data entry and processing activities are completed to allow for payroll processing to commence on time
- Remit / reconcile superannuation interfaces
- Calculate terminations and redundancies when required
- Support internal and external audit requirements
- Anticipate potential issues and make recommendations to ensure timely and effective procedures are in place to avert any issues
- Create and maintain procedures and work instructions for payroll
- Balance responsive customer service standards with competing processing and compliance priorities in a busy, dynamic payroll environment
- Keep up to date with all awards and payment instruments under an existing complex IR framework.
Education and experience:
- Expertise in end to end payroll administration/processing incorporating the use of time and attendance systems
- Ability to interpret Enterprise agreements and Award conditions
- High attention to detail and a strong commitment to service excellence
- Ability to operate under minimal supervision and plan own work
- Proven time management and organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident user of HR systems
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products
- HR or business qualification advantageous
To submit your application in strict confidence, click the 'apply' button. If you require further information, please contact Chris Aarons on 03 9864 6000.
To view all Bayside Personnel job opportunities visit www.baysidepersonnel.com.au