Title: Payroll Administrator / Senior Accounts Assistant
Company Name: Private Advertiser
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Gold Coast, robina
Employment Status: Part Time
We are a long-established & highly successful direct marketing company and have an exciting opportunity for a very motivated, matured minded, experienced payroll/accounts person who enjoys a varied and challenging role to join our small finance team.
- Permanent part time role
- 15 hours per week
- On occasions extra hours may be required, up to 5 hours per week
- Working in our office each Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (working from home is not an option)
Our modern, spacious, open-plan office is conveniently located across from Robina train station with stunning views across the Gold Coast skyline.
What the Role entails
- Payroll processing and superannuation payments
- Weekly reconciliations
- Assistance with month end processing
- Lodgment and payment of Payroll tax, WorkCover and Superannuation
- Cross skilling and backing up other roles in the team
- Other projects and ad hoc duties
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- A minimum of five years recent experience in a similar role using payroll software, MYOB and Excel on a daily basis
- Ability to fluently speak, write and read English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer, numeracy and keyboard navigational skills
- Proactive and positive attitude with the ability to pick up new concepts quickly
- Ability and determination to meet daily deadlines
- Demonstrated time management with strong attention to detail
- High levels of initiative, flexibility and reliability
- Able to work effectively as part of a small team and autonomously to manage multiple work streams
The following attributes will be highly regarded, but not essential
- Accounting qualifications
- Experience in KeyPay payroll system
- Experience in a multiple entity environment
Please note Due to COVID travel restrictions, applicants must be located in Australia, must not be subject to work limitations and must have the ability to work beyond six months.
How to Apply
If you would like to take up this exciting opportunity to join our solid and respected company please apply online by clicking the 'Apply' button below and send your resume and covering letter to us. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?Do you have experience using MYOB?How many years of payroll experience do you have?Do you have experience using Microsoft Excel?Do you have experience completing payroll tax returns?Do you have reconciliations experience?How many hours are you available to work per week?