Title: Payroll and Finance Officer
Company Name: Catholic Schools NSW
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, sydney
Employment Status: Full Time
Catholic Schools NSW (CSNSW) represents NSW Catholic schools and their owners to the media, government and other education sector stakeholders. Catholic Schools in NSW educate approximately one in five NSW students.
CSNSW has the following appointments from the Australian and NSW governments:
- Approved system authority for funding for the NSW Catholic schools system;
- Non-government representative body for NSW Catholic schools; and
- Catholic Block Grant Authority in New South Wales.
Under its Constitution, CSNSW acts as the overarching entity for the purposes of advancing education and religion in Catholic schools in NSW and ensures that Catholic schools meet their compliance requirements and can measure their activities in such a way as to maximize the education and faith outcomes of students. The company’s constitution is also backed by canonical mandates of delegation from each of the 11 diocesan bishops in New South Wales who are also the members of the Company.
Employees of CSNSW provide advice (to Government and Schools) on the full range of educational policy and compliance drivers impacting contemporary NSW schooling.
About the Role
Manage all functions associated with payroll for CSNSW and its related entities. Prepare general financial reports to ensure that information required for CSNSW budgeting and financial reporting activities is completed accurately, on time and in appropriate forms.
The role has a wide variety of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Includes Payroll shared services for CER, NCEC and CSSP (Supported by part-time Payroll Officer)
- Process and supervise payroll function including calculation of employment termination payments and redundancies
- Reconcile payroll records with the SunSystems general ledger
- Salary packaging and superannuation
- Submit superannuation data files to the superannuation clearing house for payment, and reconcile superannuation ledger accounts
- ATO Single Touch Payroll (STP) compliance and reporting
- End of year payroll processing and reporting
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaise with the Manager, Human Resources as required
- Apportion employment costs to Directorates and funding programs as required
- Prepare and submit FBT returns to the ATO
- Assist with end of month reporting
- Administer the CommBiz portal
- Manage and process credit cards
- Manage bank transfers and investments
- Schedule and process investment maturities, redemptions and rollovers as required
- Act as the contact person for CSNSW with the bank regarding banking issues
- Regularly update and maintain Related Party Transactions Register and Related Party Disclosures for end of year financial reporting
- Support and relieve AP/AR as required
- Other duties as required by COO or Financial Controller.
- National Criminal History Record Check in accordance with the Disability Inclusion Act 2014
- Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012
- Relevant qualifications and experience in payroll processing and accounting
- Empathy with and support for the mission, ethos and beliefs of Catholic schools and the communities they serve
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experienced with FBT and salary packaging
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Intermediate Excel
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in finance and taxation compliance including the ability to interpret legislation, regulations, awards and funding agreements
- Exceptional communication and relationship development skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate change and transformation
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Join our Team!
Applications for the position should include:
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role and briefly describe your skills, experience and capabilities to undertake this role (maximum 2 pages).
- Curriculum Vitae.
Applications to be addressed to the Human Resources Manager. Applications close 5pm, Wednesday, 12 May 2021 (unless closed earlier).
You must have the legal right to work in Australia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Read Before Apply
How many years' experience do you have as a financial officer?How many years of accounts payable experience do you have?Do you have customer service experience?How many years of bookkeeping experience do you have?Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?How many years' experience do you have as a payroll officer?