Title: Payroll Consulting Manager
Company Name: Ascender
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire, mascot
Employment Status: Full Time
The Association for Payroll Specialists (TAPS) is Australia's leading payroll association, representing over 6,500 payroll professionals.
We have an exciting new position for a Payroll Consulting Manager, based in Mascot, Sydney.
Reporting to the Head of TAPS, in this role you will have full ownership of TAPS Payroll Consulting, and will be responsible for setting up the consulting function, delivering consulting services to TAPS members, and ultimately growing the consulting division.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Deliver Consulting services to TAPS members (clients) by engaging directly with clients to scope, execute and deliver consulting projects designed to solve payroll problems and create efficient processes for the client.
- Conduct "payroll health checks" and prepare reports.
- Develop consulting practices and intellectual property related to payroll governance, risk and compliance.
- Develop strong client relationships and achieve sales growth targets.
- Create proposals and business development activities.
- Build a team of consultants and ensure projects are delivered.
- Stay up to date with payroll legislation changes and compliance requirements.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Expert Australian and NZ payroll legislation knowledge.
- Experience with payroll consulting (client-facing), payroll compliance and process improvement.
- Previous payroll processing experience; exposure to multiple payroll systems an advantage.
- Ability to tailor communication to the audience, and explain complex payroll legislation in a way the receiver understands.
- Excellent coordination and time management skills.
- Good customer relations and communication skills, with business development experience.
- Good MS Office skills.
- Ability to travel to client site from time to time.
What we offer:
- Autonomy to create and develop the TAPS consulting function.
- A supportive and motivated team environment.
- Opportunity to apply your consulting experience and payroll knowledge in a unique role.
- Flexible work options and great office location close to a train station.
Part of the Ascender family, The Association for Payroll Specialists (TAPS) is Australia's leading payroll association representing over 6,500 payroll professionals.
We provide a range of services to help payroll people and keep them up to date with Australia's complex payroll environment including training, helpline, newsletters and payroll health checks.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your resume attached by clicking the 'Apply' button.