Title: Payroll Manager
Company Name: Appreciating Recruitment Group
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs, prospect
Employment Status: Full Time
The company: Your new employer is a global manufacturing business that has successfully navigated the past 12 months of economic uncertainty and is in a very strong financial position due to the markets their products support.
The role: Reporting to the CFO, you will manage a small team of Payroll Officers, running a total payroll of approx. 900 employees split across wages & salaries. Personally, you will take responsibility for processing the executive salaries on a monthly basis, whilst the team processes the weekly/ fortnightly wages.
Manage, prepare and process the company payroll (monthly) in line with schedules
• Oversee Payroll (weekly and fortnightly) to ensure all processes are completed in a timely manner and deadlines are met
• Day to day management of payroll staff
• Prepare termination and redundancy calculations as required
• Handling staff queries regarding payroll and HR.
• Provide advice regarding employee and industrial relations issues.
• Prepare monthly reports for all payroll(s) weekly, fortnightly & monthly
• Leave Liability Reconciliation and journals
• Cross-training designated back-up to payroll officer and process time and attendance and payroll
• Prepare and process reports in relation to workers compensation
• End of year processing and reconciliation Manage tax declarations to ATO
• Liaising with staff and management on payroll-related queries.
• Payroll reporting to meet internal and statutory obligations.
• Prepare and coordinate end-of-month consolidation in conjunction with the Finance Department.
• Remain abreast of all facets of payroll procedural operations
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current Enterprise Agreements and legislation affecting the payroll function.
Alongside the regular payroll duties outlined above, there will also be an opportunity to partner with the global project team to help finalise the implementation/ testing of the new HRIS system (Workday).
The candidate: We are looking for an accomplished Payroll professional who is either currently at Payroll Manager level or a Payroll Supervisor/ Team Leader who is ready for the step up to Payroll Manager.
Key skills required include: