Title: Payroll Manager
Company Name: Intrax Consulting Group
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs, melbourne
Employment Status: Full Time
As an end-to-end supplier delivering optimized engineering, surveying, and geotechnical solutions to the building and land development industries, Intrax was founded in Victoria in 2003. In the last 17 years we have grown rapidly into a large-sized engineering consultancy employing over 300 people across Australia and China.
Our Head Office is located in Melbourne CBD with rapidly expanding offices in South Australia, New South Wales and Queensland, all serving our growing client list of leading residential builders, industrial and commercial development companies, government and urban land authorities, developers, and architects.
We are currently looking for a Payroll Manager to join our Finance Team. We are looking for a motivated and self-driven leader to fill this role.
You will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
We are looking for someone who has the following:
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of payroll administration including compliance with statutory requirements.
- Resolving payroll queries and providing exceptional customer service on all pay related matters including legislative requirements and payroll related financial reporting.
- Processing new starters, terminations and payroll adjustments.
- Monthly reconciliation and payment of payroll taxes and superannuation.
- Compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, and non-taxable wages and reporting on these matters.
- Labour costing analysis and reporting.
- Completion of annual returns and renewals, such as Workers compensation.
- Analysis and support to department managers on month-end P/L labour variances.
- Accurately interpreting and applying relevant awards/contracts in relation to overtime, penalties and allowances.
- Maintaining employee data to ensure accurate payment of salary and wages.
- Maintaining all payroll records in accordance with legislative and compliance requirements.
- Ensuring appropriate audit trails exist for all payroll transactions.
- Monitoring and auditing of practices, processes and systems in payroll to ensure they comply with statutory requirements.
- Managing adhoc requests from Human Resources and Finance.
- Taking the lead in payroll projects, training requirements and other strategic business plans.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of systems and processes.
- Minimum 5 years’ prior experience in a similar role preferably within the construction/engineering sector.
- Ideally a finance qualification and/or background.
- Extensive experience in a payroll environment with strong audit capability to ensure accurate and timely processing.
- Extensive experience in preparing and implementing payroll processes and procedures.
- Strong prior experience with end-to-end payroll functions.
- Technical expertise in a specialist area of payroll processing such as leave, penalty rates allowances, terminations, workers compensation, salary sacrifice and superannuation.
- Strong problem-solving skills, high attention to detail and system orientated.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- High level of attention to detail to ensure accuracy and efficient work practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated and a willingness to contribute to Finance and Human resources team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience liaising with Senior Management highly desirable.
- An environment that challenges and welcomes innovation.
- Leaders that nurture, support and develop the leader in you.
- A team that is friendly and supportive.
- Flexible work environment.
APPLY NOW. Please attach your cover letter addressing the key selection criteria along with an up to date CV in your application.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?What's your expected annual base salary?How much notice are you required to give your current employer?Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?How many years of payroll experience do you have?