Title: Payroll Officer - Part-time with a possibility of becoming a Full-time position
Company Name: Lifeview Residential Care
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs, carnegie
Employment Status: Part Time
Lifeview, a Victorian based residential aged care provider operating four homes with 282 beds, in the south-eastern suburbs. Lifeview prides itself on not only the care of its residents but also the award-winning lifestyle programs it delivers - it’s all about overall quality of life. Lifeview is Rainbow Tick accredited.
With growth on the cards we are currently looking for a motivated, passionate Payroll professional to take the next step in their career to join our team. Working alongside a supportive team, you will ensure all fortnightly payrolls are completed accurately and to schedule. If you are someone with a “can do” attitude, a willingness to commit to our L.I.F.E principles; who thrives on new challenges; likes working in a diverse team environment; and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then you will fit right in and will ensure your success in this role.
- Ensure all payroll transactions are processed efficiently, accurately and within the required time-frame
- Maintain all payroll related paperwork (including processing of new hires, existing staff changes, terminations and leave) in AIM (Accounting system) and Kronos (Workforce Ready), as well as personnel files.
- Monitor and update rates and penalties as applied in line with respective Award/Agreements.
- Respond and resolve payroll queries within the required time frame.
- Ensure company compliance with employment law, superannuation requirements and tax legislation
- Ensure all incoming forms such as timesheets, new employee documents, are verified and approved by the appropriate manager; follow up of any outstanding forms or documents
- Reconcile the payroll on a fortnightly basis
- Complete various Month End processes (including reconciliations, declaration and payment of PAYG, Payroll tax and superannuation).
- Prepare various wages reports on a monthly basis within the required time frame.
- Process all company Separation Certificates and Certificates of Service related queries.
- Assist with End of Financial year processing and reconciliation.
- Provision of information to the Australian Taxation Office in relation to PAYG withholding and TFN declarations.
- Maintenance of payroll files and records, including regular filing of correspondence and forms
- Assist in payroll related projects as directed or required
- Fortnightly and Year-End finalisation of Single Touch Payroll
- Creation and maintenance of new reports in Kronos and AIM where required by Management
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in payroll, obtained preferably within an Aged Care organisation
- Experience in Kronos (Workforce Ready) time and attendance will be highly desirable.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience in Project Management of new systems or running upgrades relating to payroll highly desirable
- Ability to interpret multiple agreements / awards
- Detailed approach in all aspects of work and strong organisational skills to meet payroll and associated deadlines.
- Prioritise tasks efficiently and manage time effectively.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to manage queries with staff pays.
- Highly developed numeric and analytical skills to interpret payroll information.
- A commitment to total customer satisfaction to both internal and external customers
- Work collaboratively and effectively in a team
- Learn and applies new concepts quickly
- Work under pressure and manage deadlines
- High level of accuracy and efficiency
- High degree of initiative and enthusiasm
The successful incumbent will enjoy benefits such as:
- Friendly, fun, supportive team and great working environment
- Reward and recognition program
- Education and training opportunities
- State of the art Wellness Program
- Career opportunities
Lifeview is a progressive organisation built on hard work and is proud of its passionate people. If you’d like to work for an organisation that truly values your contribution and you’re ready to make a difference, then forward a cover letter and your CV via the apply button.
Please note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted regarding the next phase of the selection process. To those applicants not short listed, we extend our appreciation for considering Lifeview Residential Care as a potential employer.
Lifeview is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all people into its homes. Lifeview is also LGBTI friendly for residents and staff.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?Do you own or have regular access to a car?Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?