Title: Payroll Officer
Company Name: Private Advertiser
Job Location: New Zealand, New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch, christchurchcentral
Employment Status: Full Time
Bargain Chemist are 100% Kiwi Owned and Operated with and in 2021 are expanding into variety of locations to be closer to all Kiwis so we can support them on whatever health journey they are on.
Our passion is our people, both our customers and our staff. We aim to build solid and meaningful relationships with our customers while providing them with healthcare they can afford and products they love all at a fraction of the cost.
Due to our growth we are now looking for another payroll officer who is not afraid of hard work, and understands that no two days are the same. This will be a Monday - Friday role.
The role will include:
- Taking ownership of weekly payroll for around 250 people with more to come.
- Payroll compliance.
- Regular and ad-hoc payroll and management reporting.
- IRD & PAYE filing and any other payments and deductions from salaries and wages.
- Ensure all payroll queries are responded to in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain employee records and electronic files.
Skills and experience you will have:
- MYOB Ace Payroll system experience.
- An eye for detail to always ensure the accuracy and timeliness of pay runs.
- Must have thorough working knowledge of the Holidays Act 2003.
- Excellent customer service and the ability to confidentially liaise with a diverse range of people.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level.
- Must be tech savvy, with the ability to review and update payroll processes, and make suggestions for areas of improvement.
What's in it for you?
- Flexibility and a great work life balance.
- Great supporting team.
- A professional & stimulating work environment.
- Training and development opportunities.
Please send through your CV and a cover letter. In your cover letter please specify why you would be the best fit for this role.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?How many years' experience do you have as a payroll officer?Do you have experience using MYOB?How much notice are you required to give your current employer?What's your expected hourly rate?