Title: Payroll Officer
Company Name: Talentpath
Job Location: Brisbane
Employment Status: Full Time
Start 2021 the right way & join a leading Not for Profit organisation! This institution assists individuals throughout the whole of Australia and truly lives their values.
Working as a Payroll Officer you will:
- Directly support the People and Culture team.
- Work to ensure that accurate and efficient end to end payroll processing and administrative tasks are carried out to an exceptional standard.
- Assist in all processing including, PAYG, Remserv, superannuation, employee benefits, workers compensation, parental leave, deductions, month/year end closing, salary sacrificing, reporting, reconciling etc.
- Process employee changes, payroll adjustments as well as general HR correspondence including client wage summaries, separation certificates, Centrelink reports, always working diligently and maintaining attention to detail.
- Be responsible for carrying out end of month and end of financial year payroll processes including reconciliations and payment summaries
- Maintaining and updating HRIS system (Preceda), data, records, and reports, undertaking audits as required
- Creating new positions within the system and associated tasks such as organization charts, employee movement confirmations
- Delivering HRIS (Preceda) training to front end users as required
- Supporting both onboarding and exiting related activities for employees, contractors, and Volunteers
- A key driver for this organization is their exceptional customer care; this standard is held internally too. You will always provide exceptional customer service by ensuring all queries are attended to in a timely and accurate manner.
As a candidate you must be able to demonstrate:
- Have experience using Preceda. (Chris21, MicrOpay, or Aurion may be considered)
- A proven understanding of Enterprise Agreements, Fair Work, and relevant Awards, ATO requirements and all other legislative requirements.
- Clear examples of processing end to end payroll in medium to large businesses.
- A key focus of this role will be communication, you will be responsible for liaising with various internal parties re: any pay / award / system queries that may arise. Therefore, you must feel comfortable with regular telephone and email interaction.
- Experience in HR Operational activities with a demonstrated understanding of employment and payroll legislation and processes
- You must comply with the relevant state or territory requirements for working with children, an maintain satisfactory National Criminal History Check
What’s in it for you:
- A genuine and supportive culture is the heart of this office. With Team lunches occurring regularly.
- Flexible start & finish times are offered and working cohesively is given high priority.
- This business uses a continuous improvement approach, you will have the opportunity to streamline payroll processes, system integration, policies, reporting, procedures, and administrative processes.
- Training will be provided from a welcoming and committed team.
- An office that’s close walking distance to a train station, has residential parking locally, and modern amenities.
To be considered for this role please apply NOW, or call Asli on 0447 900 186 for a confidential discussion.