Title: Payroll Officer
Company Name: The NRMA
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs, sydneyolympicpark
Employment Status: Full Time
The NRMA Group has exciting and ambitious plans for growth. We are an organisation with a strong social heart and we put people first. Our purpose is to connect people - with each other, with places, with experiences and with our land. Thanks to our passionate teams at NRMA Parks and Resorts, NRMA Motoring and Membership, NRMA Expeditions, Thrifty, My Fast Ferry and Fantasea, we're on our way to becoming a leading domestic transport and tourism business in Australia.
As Payroll Officer you will be responsible for end to end payroll by providing efficient and effective payroll services to staff and support employees including the calculation of accurate wages and salaries by creating and maintaining personnel and payroll records, in accordance with the relevant Awards, Agreements and legislative requirements. Payroll Officers provide advice on conditions of employment and payroll issues, ensuring all staff and supported employees are paid correctly and on time.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Ensuring payroll data, including employee movements, cost centre allocations, salaries, employee deductions, leave entitlements, etc are valid and correctly recorded into the Payroll system
- Process all payroll data in a new hires / terminations and employee changes including updating organisational and reporting line details
- Prepare and check payrolls including termination calculations prepared by other Payroll Officers.
- Provide timely responses to employees and managers regarding payroll queries either via ServiceNow, telephone or email.
- Complete annual returns for payroll tax, workers compensation, PAYG.
- Payroll end of month, end of year, and ad-hoc reporting
- Work with PayGlobal on EA changes- including matrix interpretation and EA implementation and testing
- Processing employee superannuation payments
- Lead the Payroll team to develop strong professional relationships across all aspects of the business where we are trusted by our client groups
- Payroll projects and ad hoc requests will always form part of this role where we are asked to investigate issues from the past
Requirements for Success:
- Demonstrated experience in a payroll officer position with significant award interpretation duties.
- Proven experience in interpreting and applying the industrial instruments.
- Problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work through issues with some complexity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal, numerical, analytical, written and verbal communication skills, to provide effective presentation and explanation of payroll matters
- Flexibility in managing changing priorities, deadlines and opportunities
- Understanding of salary packaging
- Effective negotiation and influencing style with great relationship building skills
- Ability to identify risk, solve problems and manage multiple priorities
- High levels of resilience and the ability to work in high pressured situations
- A track record of delivering ongoing continuous improvements
- Experience working with PayGlobal, ADP, ERP Payroll systems, Deputy, Riteq, Kronos
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting - Finance
- Outsourcing payroll experience
If you have the required skills and the passion to join our high performing team, please apply today!
Why Choose NRMA Group
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Work with a WGEA cited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
- Enjoy flexible work options and an inclusive environment where everyone is respected and valued for who they are and their unique contribution
- 50% discount on all NRMA insurances
- Free Roadside Assistance
- 18 weeks paid primary and 4 weeks paid secondary parental leave
- Free NRMA Blue Membership
At the NRMA Group, inclusion and diversity are part of our DNA. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation, promotes flexible ways of working and connects us closer to our members and the communities we serve.