Title: Payroll Project Accountant
Company Name: Payroll HQ
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs, blacktown
Employment Status: Full Time
Duties involved, but not limited to:
- Develop, improve and implement reporting processes consistent with accounting standards.
- Prepare ongoing data analysis and report to head office.
- Prepare cashflow actuals and forecasts to ensure the cash position of the company
- Prepare financial and non-financial reports for various internal and external stakeholders, maintain dynamic reporting and improve business intelligence within the business.
- Relevant month-end reconciliations and financial records are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop project plans, assess risks and governances to ensure legislation compliance as well as keeping deadlines.
- Implement, maintain, and review payroll systems to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing is conducted.
- Work as a trusted business partner with key leaders to enable accurate and timely information for decision making.
- Build up GL structure in multiple payroll systems to align with the specific requests of each new project, including testing and reconciling
- Strong AU and NZ awards and payroll legislation knowledge
- Other ad-hoc payroll and accounting duties as required
- High standards of customer service
The successful applicant must demonstrate the following:
- Completion of Accounting Degree
- Previous experience in a dynamic, fast pace environment, with proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Completed CA or CPA
- Minimum 2-3 years’ payroll and accounting experience
- Experience in the payroll outsourcing or service industry is highly desirable
- Experience liaising with and influencing stakeholders at all levels within an organization
- Strong ability to learn quickly, especially new software and technologies
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Experience with Xero, Keypay, Payroll Metrics or Definitiv
- A positive attitude and a great willingness to learn
- Strong desire to progress
- Strong communication organizational and interpersonal skills
Our firm and facilities
- You will be part of the fastest-growing payroll outsourcing company in Australia. Whilst the role is all about providing high-quality work, we are also focused on giving you the opportunity to develop your advisory and management skills in a friendly, client-focused environment.
- We take our responsibilities very seriously but aren’t afraid of having some fun in a casual environment. Our dress code is casual with a ‘dress for your day’ policy. Pets often visit the office and our team often enjoy lunch on the balcony. Our newly fitted out office with plenty of parking and natural light, it’s a fun and happy place to work.
- An attractive remuneration package will be offered
- Opportunity for career progression
- Dynamic firm culture promoting work/life balance.
Please submit your application, including your resume and covering letter addressing the key requirements.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years of accounting experience do you have?Do you have customer service experience?