Title: Payroll/Finance Officer
Company Name: Aboriginal Community Services
Job Location: Australia, South Australia, Adelaide, mileend
Employment Status: Full Time
Aboriginal Community Services (ACS) is a leading provider of community and residential care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the Adelaide metropolitan area and APY Lands region.
We are seeking a highly experienced and passionate Payroll/Finance Officer specializing in Payroll/Finance to join our Corporate Services team, located at Mile End, South Australia on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Finance Manager and working closely with the finance team and the HR Department, the successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate fortnightly payroll processing, for approximately 100 employees. The role is also responsible for supporting the Finance department with all finance administrative tasks, including data entry, creditors and invoicing end-of-month reporting and reconciliations, liaising with government departments, and any other ad-hoc finance / administrative tasks as required.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- End to end payroll, including collation and processing of staff timesheets on a fortnightly basis, processing and data input of fortnightly pay-run;
- Maintaining all employee records and payroll personnel files;
- Liaising with staff in relation to any payroll matters or queries relating to staff entitlements;
- Interpreting awards and providing advice to Management on its application;
- Providing Return to Work Services and general HR Administration;
- Accounts payable and assisting with general administrative functions to support the Finance Team;
- End of Month reporting and processing;
- Monthly PAYG;
- GST / BAS Returns;
- Annual Workcover Reconciliation;
- Financial Acquittals - Annual and Bi-Annually for approximately 10 funding streams;
- Annual ACNC Reporting;
- Leave Accruals/Journals;
- Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations;
- Superannuation Return Monthly and Child Support Payments
- Maintaining IonMyCare System
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Minimum five years’ experience as a Payroll/Finance Officer
- Aged Care Experience (Desirable)
- Knowledge of CIM / My Aged Care / PRODA and other government systems.
- A sound understanding of employee taxes including PAYG and payroll tax and superannuation requirements;
- Accounts Payable experience or similar is highly advantageous
- Experience in the use of financial and HR systems, including CIM will be highly regarded;
- Solid understanding of payroll principles and regulations, basic bookkeeping, and accounts payable principles
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and numeracy skills
- Return to Work Co-ordinator Mandatory Training
- A positive attitude towards problem-solving and attention to detail
- High-level accuracy, so we are looking for someone who is a meticulously organized worker
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to complete allocated duties in a timely, accurate and efficient manner, as well as excellent prioritization and judgment practices
- The ability to work co-operatively and develop effective relationships across all levels of the organization
- Tech-savvy, good with systems, and adaptable to change and innovation to aid with a company looking to move forward
- Readiness to learn new skills and systems and contribute to innovative solutions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrated experience in providing superior administration and business support services in a community services / aged care setting.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- An ability to be adaptable and flexible to respond quickly to changing priorities.
To be successful you will be a well-presented individual with highly developed communication and organizational skills. Your strong administration skillset, attention to detail and accuracy, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to handle multiple tasks, and experience working within a client services/aged care setting will be critical for this role.
What's on Offer
- Not-for-profit salary packaging benefits.
- Work from our modern offices with access to onsite parking.
- Supportive & Collaborative team culture
- Learn and develop with our growing team.
- Be part of a role with immense job satisfaction.
- Work for a purpose.
- Career pathways for those wishing to grow within the company.
- A friendly and supportive workplace.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the recruitment process, you will require a satisfactory current National Police Clearance, DCSI Check, and a current driver’s license. You may also be required to participate in Professional Membership and Qualification checks and validation of Australian Work Rights, prior to an offer of employment at ACS.
Diversity & Inclusion
ACS is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society in all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients and residents. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Women, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disabilities, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity, and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email at [email protected]
Applications close on 15 May 2021.
Applications must be submitted via ‘Seek’ to be considered.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Due to the importance of this position, interviews will be conducted prior to the close-off date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Whilst we appreciate all interest in our business, we regret to inform you that we will not be engaging with or accepting candidates from recruitment agencies or consulting firms on this occasion.
For a confidential discussion, please contact either Segaran Murugeson or Suzanne Laycock on 8346 9155.
Apply Now, we welcome your application.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as a financial officer?How many years of accounts payable experience do you have?Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?Do you have experience working in the not-for-profit sector?How many years of payroll experience do you have?How many years' experience do you have as an accounts administrator?Do you have a current Police Check (Criminal Record Check) for employment?