Title: Principal Internal Auditor, Schools - Internal Audit Branch
Company Name: Department of Education
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Gold Coast, hopeisland
Employment Status: Full Time
The role is responsible for the following activities:
- Planning, supervising, leading and conducting school audits and reviews including financial, compliance, systems, operational, due diligence, probity, special investigations and project related audits
- Developing strategies to resolve problems and issues identified
- Recommending new technologies and techniques and encouraging school principals to adopt contemporary approaches
- Documenting work performed throughout the completion of audits and manage the preparation of written reports for the consideration of the Audit Manager, Schools
- Providing practical advice and guidance to school principals with respect to improving the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control processes over their operations
- Performing audits in accordance with the branch audit methodology
- Applying knowledge of the Financial Accountability Act 2009, Financial and Performance Management Standard 2009 and the Internal Audit Standards to the completion of internal audits
This position is based on the Gold Coast and will require regular attendance at the regional office at Hope Island.
This role requires travel to conduct audits across the state.
Whilst there are no mandatory qualifications required for this position, it would be highly desirable for the successful applicant to possess:
- a tertiary qualification in accountancy, commerce, business management or information systems.
- current membership with an accredited professional body, such as the IIA (Institute of Internal Auditors)
- knowledge and experience in the use of data analytics and visualisation tools
- relevant and demonstrated experience at the level expected for this position.
It would be highly desirable for the incumbent to possess a current driver's licence.
When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
Contact Name: Nicole Disbrey, Audit Manager (07) 3513 5467
Closing Date: Sunday, 11 April 2021
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. #LI-PRIORITY