Title: Project Finance Officer
Company Name: Ventia
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs,
Employment Status: Full Time
About The Role
Reporting to the Finance Business Analyst, the Project Finance Officer primary responsibility is to administer the accounts payable ledger, ensuring that expenditure is promptly and accurately recorded whilst maintaining financial process controls.
The role will be required to assist with raising and receipting the purchase orders for payment for goods and services received, control of creditor accounts, preparation and data entry of accounts for payment in JDE and SAP and assisting with cost claims.
What you’ll be doing:
- Receipting POs, generate & administer POs and ensure payments are made by the AP team
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly financial reports (Aged WIP, Cost Adjustment, etc)
- Journal processing for cost reconciliation.
- Weekly report preparation and distribution for open POs and invoices not approved
- Collation and distribution of creditor’s invoices and assist with queries regarding invoices.
- Ensure all POs and invoices are appropriately approved by relevant managers.
- Reconcile creditors accounts and report any discrepancies.
- Handling of creditor’s enquiries and provide various creditors ledger reports ensuring creditor’s payments are processed within stipulated trading terms
- Assist the Finance and Admin team in cost claim process and be a backup for some costing process
- Ad-hoc project and finance related tasks inducted into LCPL SH&E standards and comply with LCPL SH&E procedures
- Must be degree qualified with CA or CPA desirable, or currently studying
- 2+ years working in a similar role, ideally within Construction or Infrastructure
- Knowledge of basic accounts payable procedures, organisational structure, and organisational policies
- Experience using JDE/SAP software
- Strong competency using MS Office suite, in particular Excel and Outlook
- Problem-solving and analytical capabilities
- Organised approach to work, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
What We Offer You
- Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people’s wellbeing.
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you.
We are actively increasing diversity across our business, so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work. Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
Ventia is one of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history.
Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it.
Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.