Title: Project Finance Partner
Company Name: Alexander James Limited
Job Location: New Zealand, New Zealand, Auckland,
Employment Status: Full Time
Our client is an iconic, New Zealand business with stable roots firmly embedded into NZ soil. They are an industry pioneer with a proud history who have continued to grow through increasing demand for their services. As they continue to grow and expand, there is now a couple of newly created opportunities for experienced Project Accountants to join their PMO office. The Role
Reporting to the Programme Manager, our client is seeking an experienced Project Accountant with experience in the construction, civil or build, or capital building upgrades and another experienced Project Accountant with experience in production project such as refurbishment and upgrades.
This role is responsible for the accounting of multiple projects ranging from $10m to $50m and focus on cost to date and forecast cost to complete.
Specific duties will include: Budgeting and Forecasting
Financial Advice and Analysis
- Work closely with the Programme Directors and Project Managers to understand their budgeting approach and requirements.
- Develop financial planning models in support of strategic and business plans
- Provide advice and guidance to project managers to deliver a robust program and budget
- Manage reforecasting process and analysis of reforecasts with annual budgets and project plan projections
- Identify opportunities and risks in budgets and forecasts and an assessment of the likely quantum of these
- Provide cashflow forecasting for the business, including understanding the sensitivity of forecasts and likely scenarios
- Provide assistance and support to relevant project managers to build their understanding and confidence in financial information and underlying finance systems, processes and procedures
- Develop effective business partnerships which demonstrate a clear understanding of
- Provide analytical support for projects, strategic initiatives, business development proposals and initiatives
- Ensure that financial policies and standards are understood and provide relevant project managers with the knowledge to ensure and capability to ensure full compliance.
Key Skills and Requirements
- Provide monthly reports to relevant managers, that include robust analysis, commentary, and insight of actual and forecast performance
- Develop and implement frameworks to enhance the financial and business reporting
- Monitor variances and trends in business unit performance are and prepare reporting to improve the quality of analysis and forecasting
- CA or equivalent qualification with a minimum 3 years post-graduate experience from the either civil and build or production projects within a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in Excel and SAP (or similar ERP tool) and proven ability in visualising the full picture of a project.
- You will have the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships with Project Managers and the wider business and have proven experience in this area. This is something that comes naturally to you and forms an integral part of your ability to achieve results.
With a number of large projects being delivered in the business, these opportunities exist for high performers to make their mark on the organisation. Career development will be strongly supported and the opportunity to challenge yourself and build your capabilities will be encouraged.
If this sounds like something you wish to apply for, submit your details below, alternatively contact Aaron Mabey on 022 092 7694.
Read Before Apply
How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?How many years' experience do you have with forecasting for businesses?How many years' experience do you have as an accountant?