Title: Senior Accountant
Company Name: Coal LSL
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter,
Employment Status: Full Time
WHY WORK WITH US?
At Coal LSL our role is to connect employers and employees with long service leave entitlements for the good of Australia's black coal mining industry. To achieve this, we create a supportive culture built on trust, openness, honesty, respect, and care.
Here are some of the unique experiences you will have while working at Coal LSL:
- Support Australian industry and contribute to individuals' economic and social wellbeing.
- Educate and support employers and employees by interpreting legislation.
- Collaborate across the business to innovate on solving problems.
- Be part of an organisation that puts people first and where people are at the heart of every decision.
We believe in our purpose, we aspire to achieve our vision, we are focused on transforming our business to deliver our strategic goals and we act in a way that reflects our core values and embraces diversity and inclusion. WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
As the Senior Accountant you will be a respected financial expert that will support our leaders to make sound and well-informed financial decisions that meet our strategic goals and financial obligations.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- review and undertake all aspects of financial management including payroll, cash flow forecasts, reconciliations, and internal and external financial reporting
- implement and monitor sound financial controls, and ensure these are being adhered to across the business
- deliver a number of financial and accounting reporting requirements including monthly reports, annual budgets, rolling forecasts, and compliance returns
- work with internal and external auditors in the development and implementation of report recommendations
- partner across the business in both operational and project environments on finance related matters and best practice principles.
You will be an experienced Senior Accountant who is passionate about supporting your team, providing coaching and mentoring within the finance team and across the business on financial reporting responsibilities.
You will have:
HOW TO APPLY
- a degree in Accounting, Business or related discipline with current CPA or CA credentials
- experience in a senior corporate or financial accounting position, with demonstrated expertise across the broad scope of financial statements, reporting and compliance
- practical experience in applying accounting and financial management best practice principles
- the ability to engage and communicate clearly, build relationships, influence, and think both operationally and strategically
- strong business acumen and proven ability to develop and execute plans, implement change, problem solve, and drive continuous improvement.
To apply for this position, please attach your resume and cover letter addressing the following:
- Introduce yourself and tell us what attracted you to this position and what value you believe you can add to this role.
- Tell us about a time you provided technical advice and analysis that contributed to the business making a sound financial decision or adopting a new accounting approach.
Note: Your cover letter should be no longer than 800 words.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?What's your expected annual base salary?Have you completed a qualification in accounting?Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?