Title: Senior Accountant
Company Name: Findex
Job Location: New Zealand, New Zealand, Otago, Queenstown & Wanaka, wanaka
Employment Status: Full Time
Looking for a one of a kind career pathway with the opportunity to grow in a diverse company?
Do you want to be part of a community of like-minded professionals who are revolutionising the way financial services are delivered?
Look no further.
Findex has offices in more than 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand and a network of more than 3,000 employees across four different divisions. Now, we’re searching for a new generation of talent who are motivated to help drive growth and innovation for our business.
At Findex we are committed to our employees. We offer development programs, further education, and exciting career progression opportunities, in addition to a thriving culture across the wider business and as well as in each locality.
So, are you ready to join one of Australia’s leading financial service firms?
Our Business Advisory Division is committed to providing strategic advice, innovative solutions and service excellence to large middle market businesses and small to medium enterprises.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a talented Intermediate Accountant to join the Business Advisory team in our Wanaka office.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work within a talented, committed, and high performing team and give you access to interesting, hands on work and both established and emerging clients. You will be encouraged to be the best that you can be and afforded opportunities to continuously develop yourself through on the job learning or specific training tailored to your needs.
- Manage and develop a portfolio of clients across a broad range of industries, ensuring jobs are completed effectively by meeting technical standards and deadlines, within budget.
- Use your strong technical skills including working knowledge of income tax, company tax, CGT, FBT, trusts, Division 7A, management accounting and reporting requirements.
- Assist in preparing business advice and/or producing complex special purpose reports, annual financial statements, tax returns and reconciliations for companies, partnerships, trusts and a range of individual businesses.
- Work on business advisory projects such as: budgets and cashflows, KPI dashboards and management reporting, our virtual CFO offering, developing business plans, cloud accounting advisory, etc.
- Hands on assistance with Cloud packages including MYOB, Xero and QBO, setting up ledgers, assisting with addons, and general trouble shooting to ensure that data is clean and meaningful
- Complete and supervise an engagement involving multiple entities and various structures from beginning to end.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- The ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ownership qualities and the ability to successfully manage workflow and junior accountants.
- First Rate IT and software skills.
- Knowledge or background in book keeping
- Be highly proficient in Xero
- Proactive attitude, self-motivated and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Experience in a broad range of tax, accounting and business matters.
- Proficient at providing constructive feedback to junior team members following comprehensive reviews of client engagements.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A desire to work collaboratively so that the team shines
The successful candidate would be degree qualified in commerce or accounting, have a minimum of 2+ years’ experience gained in a public practice environment, or have a background in Book Keeping and utilising Xero at professional level.
- A culture that values work life balance and flexibility
- Be offered a career pathway and development programme tailored to your professional aspirations.
- Work alongside and be mentored by industry leading professionals, with access to industry leading learning and development designed to accelerate your development.
- Study support including study leave and fee reimbursement for CA or CPA subscriptions.
- In house and external training.
- Modern offices with dual screens, open floor plan and great facilities
- Wellbeing benefits eg. Vaccinations, health insurance discounts.
Interested? Please apply with a full resume. We are only receiving applications from applicants with full New Zealand Working Rights.