Title: Senior Accountant
Company Name: Michael Page Accounting & Finance
Job Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs, perth
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
Michael Page Finance have partnered with one of the major ASX listed mining companies in Perth to assist them in finding a Senior Accountant for an initial 6 month contract.
The client that we are representing is a reputable name in the global mining industry, with projects across several continents and corporate and operational teams located across multiple countries.
- Review month end costs to identify potential errors, follow up with relevant Business Unit stakeholders and implement solutions prior to cost close.
- Review or prepare monthly reporting for internal stakeholders ensuring data presented is both accurate and timely to inform the BU operating decisions making process.
- Respond to queries from internal stakeholders to provide ad-hoc analysis of business costs and capital expenditure to inform operating decisions and ensure accurate preparation of Capital Expenditure Approval (CEA) submissions.
- Identify and investigate accounting issues for new transactions including quantification of the impact and preparation of a summary of findings for review by the Superintendent and Manager.
- Review Capital Project requests submitted by the Business Unit to determine compliance with Group capitalisation policy and applicable accounting standards and prepare a summary of findings.
- Perform SOx controls for key procedures to ensure compliance with internal policies and governance.
- Review of Investment Committee proposals prepared by Business Analysis prior to submission to ensure compliance with all relevant group policies (including capitalisation, deferred stripped, discounting etc.) and applicable accounting standards.
- Previous experience in mining is highly beneficial
- Previous experience with SAP is highly beneficial
- An understanding of SOX controls and recently updated accounting standards
- Experience partnering with operations and strong communication skills
This is an opportunity to join one of the top mining companies in the world and be a part of their growth story as they look to capitalise on the strong mining market. Although starting as a 6 month contract, this role has the opportunity to extend or move into something longer term down the track. This role also offers the flexibility to work from home several days of the week.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Jarrad Johnston on +61 8 9215 9516