Title: Senior Accountant
Company Name: My Guardian
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, South West & M5 Corridor, revesby
Employment Status: Full Time
My Guardian is a leading Aged Care & NDIS service provider that is dedicated to deliver the most compassionate and loving home care.
This is an amazing opportunity for a qualified and motivated Senior Accountant to join our Accounts team to assist in managing the full payroll and accounting functions.
Qualifications & experience
- Degree qualified
- Demonstrated working experience within Aged care.
- Understanding of award interpretation and Home Care Packages
- Understanding of NDIS
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated success in team leadership and mentoring
- Tech savviness in manoeuvring payroll and accounting systems with exposure to portals an advantage
- Ability to delegate and prioritise workload in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with end-to-end payroll function
Tasks & responsibilities
- Managing the fortnightly payroll function for 200+ employees
- Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Journal entries, balance sheets, general ledger and maintenance of financial records
- EOM and EOY reporting and budget forecasting
- Payroll tax reconciliation, payroll analysis and PAYG payments
- Management of the NDIS & Aged care invoicing functions
- Assisting in the preparation of Service Agreements
- Overseeing and implementing quality process improvement to support high quality caring
- Ensure all documentation, procedures and reporting meets relevant guidelines and legislation
- Working closely with senior management to review the cost allocation process to facilitate disbursement of overheads across projects / programs
- Track debtor and creditor payments
- Maintain and encourage a safe work environment in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety legislation
This role would be strongly suited to someone who is a dedicated team player. The successful applicant will have extensive experience across accounts and payroll and will be passionate and proactive in independent workflow management.
Understanding of NDIS and Aged Care and the respective portals would be extremely highly regarded.
If this sounds like you, and you're keen to bring your passion and experience to join our My Guardian family, send your application through now for an immediate start!
Read Before Apply
How many years' experience do you have as an accountant?Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the residential aged care accreditation standards?Do you have experience working in the disability services sector?