Title: Senior Accountant
Company Name: Robert Walters
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane, brisbane
Employment Status: Full Time
Robert Walters has exclusively partnered with Bentleys Accountants and Business Advisors, one of the largest mid-tier accounting firms across Australia, New Zealand and Asia, for the recruitment of a Senior Accountant. Bentleys are a full-service advisory firm helping ambitious people and enterprises get where they want to be.
Due to exponential growth, Bentleys is on the hunt for a client-driven and technically strong Senior Accountant to assist in this team.
About the company
Bentleys is an international network of advisory and accounting firms, with more than 700 talented team members delivering solutions from 19 locations across Australia, New Zealand and Asia. We work with aspirational businesses and entrepreneurial people to help them achieve their objectives. Bentleys Queensland is proudly Queensland owned and managed and has been servicing clients both locally and across the globe for more than 70 years.
About the role
This position operates within a highly successful team of accounting professionals offering high quality services to a broad portfolio of clients with an emphasis on the agriculture and primary production industries. Whilst the role will be responsible for performing compliance work, the opportunity to contribute to financial modelling, superannuation, and other advisory matters offers variety and range within the position. This role will include direct liaison with clients, and will be involved in mentoring junior team members. Successful candidate will have an opportunity to work closely with the Managing Partner and a newly appointed Partner for the organisation.
* Your responsibilities will include:
* Prepare income tax returns and financial statements for individuals, partnerships, companies, trusts and superannuation funds
* Attend to business related matters for your clients e.g. fringe benefits tax, tax planning, interim work, assessment notices etc
* Providing taxation and financial advice to companies, individuals, partnerships and SMSFs
* Small business CGT concessions, FBT, Div. 7a and GST reconciliations and calculations
* Maintaining client relationships with attendance at meetings as required and being the key contact for a portfolio of clients
* Candidates with experience in the agriculture and primary production industries will be highly preferred.
What you will need to succeed
* 3+ years' experience in business services with a strong interest in compliance
* Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business or Commerce (majoring in Accounting)
* CA or CPA qualification (or part way through completion)
* Strong commitment to quality service and client relationships
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and effectively manage your work flow;
* Self-starter with accountability for both your personal and professional development
* Excellent attention to detail
Bentleys offers a genuinely supportive and positive team culture, the opportunity for growth through career advancement, access to our award-winning learning and development program, and competitive salary packages. Our colleagues are committed, professional and client-focused and enjoy a positive work-life balance.
In addition, you can expect:
* Direct access to senior staff and Partners
* Attractive salary package
* Support to complete the Chartered Accountants (CA) program including course fees and textbooks, paid study leave, internal focus sessions, and support material
* Professional memberships and subscriptions
* Full flexibility, can be worked a combination of from home and in the office, and/or over 4 days
* Relocation allowance
* Potential for remote working
* 4 weeks annual leave, with the ability to purchase additional annual leave
* 1 day corporate volunteering leave
* Paid parental leave
* Team building and social club activities
* Bonus Christmas and Bentleys 'My Time' leave
* Income protection insurance
The successful applicant will have the chance to be part of a highly experienced, growing team within a market leading firm. Salary offered is positioned above market, and will dependent on technical experience level.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
To apply please click apply or call Kathryn Kneller on +61 7 30322234 for a confidential discussion.