Title: Senior Accountant
Company Name: Schuh Group Accounting
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Hervey Bay & Fraser Coast, gympie
Employment Status: Full Time
Schuh Group is an established financial services business, offering accounting and financial planning. The business has two offices located in Gympie and Kingaroy, with two additional offices located in Noosa and Mundubbera. The accounting division of the business has been operating in the Gympie region for over 40 years, while the financial planning division has been operating for over 10 years.
Purpose of position: The Senior Accountant will perform the role of being a key contact point for client accounting relationships. The role has two main facets: 1) to maintain and facilitate client service and relationships for an existing batch of clients, and 2) to manage the completion of workflow for this batch of clients by utilising outsourcing services and existing team members. The overall aim is to ensure a smooth and timely flow of service between the business and the client.
This role also includes overseeing outsourcing of workflow to our outsourcing team, and also checking for correctness of completed work. There may also be the need for you to provide internal technical and practical training to other team members.
This person will have the required skills to communicate clearly, and work autonomously with a high attention to detail and accuracy. They will also possess at least 10 years’ experience in a similar position, ensuring high technical knowledge and communication skills. This position will add value and satisfaction for our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- For all clients to be not only satisfied with the service provided but delighted
- Anticipate client needs and search for ways to improve client service and outcomes
- Ensure that any client advice is planned and discussed with your Manager to ensure the desired outcome is achieved
- Meet your weekly capacity target (subject to confirmation)
- Use resources in a responsible and efficient manner
- Strict adherence to the firm’s client confidentiality policies
- Prepare financial statements and income tax returns for full range of entities
- Outsourcing of work to projected targets
- Provide on-going tax advice to a portfolio of clients
- Liaise with clients to provide a full range of business services
- Check and review completed work for accuracy and correctness.
- Acts as a mentor to lower level Accountants
- Help with and participate in staff training and development
- Maintain a positive attitude towards all team members at all times
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree Qualified
- CA / CPA Qualified
- Work Experience as an Accountant in similar environment and role
- Minimum 10 years’ experience
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Very well developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with proven abilities to report verbally and in writing, and to liaise and negotiate at all levels
- Ability to self review all work prior to manager review
- Analysis, investigation and planning
- Extensive knowledge and experience in business and financial accounting systems and procedures particularly in the areas of budgeting, account-keeping, accounting standards, and costing and pricing principles
- Developing and presenting reports, submissions and recommendations of a complex and substantial nature
- Highly developed tax knowledge including most areas relevant to business entities, individuals and SMSF.
- Communicating with management to ascertain organisational objectives, deadlines and commitments
- Developing leadership and management skills in a changing environment
- Developing skills in general management and strategic planning including monitoring, and interpreting, analysing and resolving problems
- Assisting in planning and co-coordinating activities and resources to achieve organisational objectives, deadlines and commitments
- Commitment to the highest standards of integrity, quality and service
- Professional behaviour and appearance
- Strong work ethic, honest and ethical
- Proactive, resourceful and client oriented
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Demonstrating leadership qualities
- An enthusiastic and optimistic outlook
- Prepared to back judgement and make decisions within agreed levels of authority
Key Outcomes / Performance Indicators
- Day to day tasks completed with accuracy and tasks checked off weekly
- Personal Productivity over 80% per week with write-offs of less 5%
- Report to Manager immediately on any client complaints
- Maintain positive work environment for yourself and team members
In the eyes of our clients and of your fellow team members, you are a professional in your role at Schuh Group. Therefore, if you engage in something that is likely to damage the reputation of the firm, offend our clients or your team members, as well as your own professional standing, you have gone outside of these standards.
This includes your interaction on social media, your personal behaviour outside of work hours, and your treatment of your fellow team members.
We expect that in this role you will align with our Quality Service Promise which is: To provide financial services for our clients at a level that allows them to achieve their goals to the best possible standards – no exception.
We also expect that you will adhere to our company Values to the best of your ability, which are:
Read Before Apply
How many years' experience do you have as an accountant?How many years of public practice accounting experience do you have?How many years of taxation experience do you have?Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?Have you completed a qualification in accounting?