Title: Senior Accounts Receivable Officer
Company Name: Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne,
Employment Status: Full Time
We are the most influential, independent business body in Victoria with over 22,000 members and customers. Our members choose us because we’re trusted experts in workplace relations, international trade, workplace health, safety and wellbeing, and policy development. Our team of 180 people thrive on putting our members first in everything we do – from providing exceptional customer service to advocating for their interests to all levels of government. The Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry works for the success of our members, business and Victoria.
About the role
This role is responsible for overseeing the accounts receivable function to enable the effective collection and recording of all monetary amounts owed to the organisation, including managing invoices, handling missed payments and managing daily financial transactions end to end. This role will also prepare regular reports using information from Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics GP for management review, forecasting and to enable the effective collection of debt. This role will also supervise an Accounts Officer as a direct report to the role.
We are looking for a team player with a “can do” attitude to their work tasks. You will have:
· Minimum of 7 years in accounts receivable
· Proven experience in an accounts receivable role that had responsibility for managing daily financial transactions end to end
· High attention to detail coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong ability and experience in banking, file transfers, transaction enquiry and payment batching
· Demonstrated experience with financial systems. Previous experience using Microsoft Dynamics GP and Salesforce would be highly regarded but is not essential
· Excellent communication and customer service skills in the field of credit control and debt collection
· Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
· Capability to effectively supervise a team member
How to apply
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to ‘Apply now’. Applications, including a cover letter addressing which skills and experience you can demonstrate from the list above, should be addressed to Rachael Sultana, Human Resources Coordinator. Applications should be received by COB 8 April. Please note that the successful applicant will be subject to a satisfactory police check as a pre-condition of employment.