Title: Senior Analyst - Internal Controls
Company Name: Stryker
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches, stleonards
Employment Status: Full Time
In this exciting newly created Senior Analyst – Internal Controls role you will support and advise the local Finance team on review, improvement and implementation of business processes, risks, and controls associated with complex/unusual transactions, technical accounting matters, new accounting standards / polices, and acquisition integration.
- Work with various business process and control owners to ensure key risks are appropriately identified, documented, and mitigated, adhering to quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) section 302 compliance obligations
- Help review and suggest updates to internal control documentation, standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Perform assessment of third-party Service Organization Control (SOC) Reports for key outsourced providers
- Coordinate the update of Risk and Control Matrices for all key processes and provide advice to the process and controls owners to ensure compliance with Stryker policies and best practice
- Lead the execution of control test plans for all processes to evaluate control design and operating performance according to a pre-defined schedule, including automated IT application controls
- Communicate audit results and prepare written documentation and reports disclosing all issues, deficiencies, and other action items to management and executives
- Lead the program for system generated report testing throughout the year; design periodic testing or benchmarking for key reports
- Participate in departmental training creation and presentations over internal controls requirements and facilitate internal training on requirements of SOX compliance
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or finance with professional qualification (CA, US-CPA, CIA, CISA, or equivalent post-graduate qualification, or working towards qualification)
- 3+ years’ experience in internal controls or financial compliance, preferably with an international or public accounting company
- Practical experience in US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) 404 and 302 requirements, COSO framework; SSAE16/Service Organization Control (SOC) Reports;
- Proven experience partnering with cross-functional teams and collaborating across multi-functional dotted-line relationships
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines consistently with flexibility to adapt to changing business priorities
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills to effectively build relationships and the ability to communicate complicated issues effectively
- Attention to detail in making evaluative judgements based on the analysis of factual information
Culture & Benefits:
- Join one of Australia’s (and the world’s) Best Places to Work since 2014!
- Grow and develop your career with a company that prides ourselves on personal and professional development
- Free on-site gym and parking!
To join us, click apply now!