Title: Senior Audit Manager
Company Name: Commonwealth Bank - Financial Services
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, sydney
Employment Status: Full Time
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
Group Audit & Assurance (GA&A) provide independent, objective and commercial risk focused assurance to the Board Audit Committee to assist the Group in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of its stakeholders. GA&A were recognised by Ernst & Young and PwC as the leading internal audit function among Australian peers in the financial services industry.
See yourself in our team
The Institutional Banking & Markets team is responsible for auditing the Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) business.
This role will focus primarily on the groups Global Markets activities located which are located in Australia, Asia, Europe and North America.
The team adds value to the Group by:
- Delivering a professional and highly valued audit service to the business and Group's Audit & Risk Committees
- Providing objective assurance on risk management to key customers (e.g. Group Executives and their leadership teams) to secure the financial wellbeing of the Bank's customers
- Identifying issues and providing commercial insights through high quality audit reports to enable customers to make a difference to their business
Do work that matters
- In line with CBA Internal Audit Methodology oversee effective and efficient planning and delivery of auditing Institutional Banking & Markets and Support Services within the Bank through assisting the Executive Manager in building a dynamic, risk-based Audit Plan and to appropriately capture key and emerging risks
- Effectively support, supervise and deliver assigned scope areas of the audit from Planning, Fieldwork, Reporting, and through to audit closure including administration of key audit stage-gates in the audit electronic workflow system
- Solve problems by applying innovative thinking and actively participate in processes to capture and act on innovation ideas, which improve the way we work
- Draft issues and agree factual accuracy and ratings with the Team Leader and the stakeholders, as well support the Executive Manager in preparing simple, pragmatic and easy to read audit reporting, including audit reports and issue logs
- Create and develop independent and objective relationships within GA&A, the bank and externally to enable effective knowledge sharing and collaboration
We're interested in hearing from people who possess
- Strong experience in a Risk or Internal Audit role covering Global Markets and/or Treasury functions products is required and experience with International Regulation pertaining to markets is preferred
- Applicants with strong Business experience in these areas will also be considered
- Deep knowledge of Operational and Regulatory risks and a strong understanding of end-to-end control environments associated with these businesses
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and influence work cross-functionally with ownership and integrity
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and senior stakeholder engagement with the ability to present and influence
- Relevant internationally recognised auditing or professional accounting qualifications
If this sounds interesting, APPLY NOW!
Whether you're passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We're determined to make a real difference for Australia's first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick [link removed] to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.