Title: Senior Auditor
Company Name: KPMG
Job Location: New Zealand, New Zealand, Bay of Plenty, Tauranga, taurangacentral
Employment Status: Full Time
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
The Audit division of KPMG is a significant supplier of audit services to clients and audits many of New Zealand’s top companies, financial institutions and leading privately held entities. Our auditors combine extensive knowledge of a wide variety of businesses and sectors and a fresh approach to their work which includes an enhanced audit methodology that complies with International Auditing Standards.
- You can have the best of both worlds in terms of lifestyle and professional career development working for the only Big 4 professional services practice in the Bay of Plenty. With summer just around the corner, is this the opportunity you’ve been looking for to move to one of NZ's fastest growing cities and join in the fun?
- Our Tauranga office operates from a prime business hub in the CBD and has an excellent culture and highly social team. Our Tauranga office comprises in excess of 80 people and collaborates nationally with other KPMG offices giving access to over 1200 professionals.
- We have a number of roles available at Audit Senior or Assistant Manager level.
Day to day you will:
- Depending upon the client, this role may have complete management responsibility reporting directly to the partner, or you will assist more senior managers in the performance of audit assignments as an in-charge. The work may involve complex technical issues e.g., statutory audits, internal audits, investigation and acquisition reports of an audit nature, limited reviews, proposals and special reports, and other accounting services.
- This role will also:
- Assist in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for Manager/Partner review
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified
- Management of client deliverables, including attendance at meetings
- Undertake strategic analysis
- Identify business and audit risks
- Assess effectiveness of client processes and controls
- Perform higher risk and non-routine audit functions
- Day to day management of junior team members
- Ensure effective use and application of KPMG Audit Manual/Methodology, auditing standards, and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
What you'll bring to our team:
- Relevant external audit experience in a professional services environment (mid tier or Big 4)
- Tertiary qualifications including CA or CPA qualification (partial or full completion)
- The ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with clients
- Technically proficient across audit and audit related services
- Experience in the supervision of more junior staff
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A collaborative and inclusive team approach
With current border and quarantine restrictions in place, KPMG New Zealand are unable to consider applications from candidates that do not currently have the right to live and work in New Zealand. To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, or hold a valid work visa. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant