Title: Senior Bookkeeper - Full Time
Company Name: First Class Accounts and Tax Fraser Coast
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Hervey Bay & Fraser Coast, herveybay
Employment Status: Full Time
At First Class Accounts Fraser Coast, we provide bookkeeping services to small - medium sized businesses, both on site and remotely. The business operates Australia wide and this position is for the Fraser Coast franchised location which is located in Hervey Bay
This is a long-term bookkeeping and accounting business which has an extensive existing client base.
The person that will gain the most from this position will be someone who has the following skills and abilities;
- Undertake all bookkeeping requirements with the business’s client base.
- Assist the Office Manager/Director to undertake all BAS lodgements where required.
- Participate as part of the Management Team to deliver the key services to all of the business’s clients and attend meetings as required.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement to the business and its policy, procedures and processes.
- Assist in marketing the business by asking for referrals for new business and by upselling other products and services to existing clients.
- Report to the Office Manager/Director on the outcomes achieved for the business.
- Assist the business to comply with all Federal, State and local government legal or compliance requirements.
- Maintain a professional approach to all customer, contractor and staff dealings.
- Maintain a safe and confidential work environment.
- Maintain a public profile in the industry and market place ensuring the business maintains the highest level of ethics and integrity.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Office Manager/Director from time to time to ensure the success of the business.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a minimum of Cert IV in Accounting & Bookkeeping or similar.
- Must be a registered BAS Agent.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a contract bookkeeper or have worked in an accounting office undertaking the same functions for the same period.
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience with payroll processes, including interpreting and understanding Awards, applying and updating pay rates, Single Touch Payroll and EOPY finalisations.
- Must have experience and be competent in all aspects of Xero, MYOB, QuickBooks and Reckon.
- Must have competent skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have outstanding data entry skills with an ‘eye for detail’ and be detailed focused.
- Must be self-driven, fast-learning, mature minded and operate with a high level of effectiveness, efficiency and trust.
- Must be able to problem solve with limited assistance.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal, non-verbal and written.
- Must be willing to operate within a team environment.
We are looking for someone who has a broad range of skills and wants to succeed with us in this exciting opportunity.
If this sounds like you, please send your detailed Resume along with a Cover Letter explaining ‘Why You’ to;
Director, First Class Accounts Fraser Coast - [email protected] [link removed]
We only want the best so please ensure that you show us that YOU ARE THE BEST and we look forward to meeting with you soon.
Read Before Apply
Do you have customer service experience?How many years of bookkeeping experience do you have?How many years of payroll experience do you have?Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?Do you have experience completing Business Activity Statements (BAS)?Are you a TPB Registered BAS Agent?What's your highest level of education?