Title: Senior Bookkeeper
Company Name: Hate The Books Bookkeeping
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs, brisbane
Employment Status: Full Time
About the business
Hate The Books is a growing practice, providing Bookkeeping, Payroll Services, BAS and Business Support to the Medical Industry, including General and Specialist Practice, Allied Health and Dental.
This is a work from home position so a home office is a must for the role.
Hate The Books was created in a niche market supporting practices to produce strong bookkeeping, payroll and financial management foundations.
However, we don’t just cater to the medical industry we also have clients from trades and real estate.
If you are motivated, process driven and enjoy working with likeminded people, this is the workplace for you. A successful candidate will have the ability to grow and expand while working from home.
About the role
This is a full time position.
In this role you will be providing the following services
- AP and AR (incl. debtor chasing)
- Accounts payable and receivable management
- Bank reconciliation (matching payments and chasing clients for docs)
- Payroll, Superannuation and STP processing and reporting
- Performing General Ledger reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly BAS and PAYG
- Preparation of accounts to trial balance stage
- Assist with end of month/year end processes
- Managing & developing client relationships
- Management of Asana
- Workflow management
Skills and experience
To be a successful applicant for this role, you must have
- Certificate IV in Accounting or Bookkeeping
- Australian accounting experience only
- Preferred: Medical Industry bookkeeping experience
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in MYOB/Xero
- Experience in processing Payroll
- Ability to adapt to specific bookkeeping processes of Health Industry Bookkeeping Services
Preferred (but not essential) experience:
- Diploma of Payroll Services will be highly regarded.
- Experience using Xero Practice Manager
- Experience using Xero Tax
- Experience using Xero Workpapers
The candidate must also be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work autonomously
- The ability to interact with clients efficiently and professionally via email, face to face and telephone
- Attention to detail is critical
- Highly professional written and verbal skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise work
- A self-starter and highly motivated
- Driven to succeed
- Good problem solver
- Ability to demonstrate initiative
We thank you for your application however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. This is an employed position however a contractor would be considered.
Please send your cover letter and CV with your expected hourly rate to: [email protected]
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as a bookkeeper?Do you have experience using Xero?Do you have experience using MYOB?