Title: Senior Company Accountant
Company Name: CSA Global
Job Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs, perth
Employment Status: Full Time
CSA Global, part of the ERM Group, is a geological, mining and management consulting company providing strategic mining services, as well as independent corporate advice to mining and exploration companies, and financial and legal groups worldwide. The company offers a flexible and dynamic work environment which is focused on teamwork. Company values, including caring for people, are central to the organisation’s culture.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Company Accountant on a twelve-month contract to join our global Finance team based in Perth. This role is responsible for managing the Finance team which compromises of three employees. This team executes the day-to-day finance operations including project accounting, accounts payable and international payroll. This position is also accountable for completing the end of month processes and reports in a timely and accurate manner.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Primary review and secondary authorisation of monthly payroll for company entities and review of associated statutory obligations prepared for the group (PAYGW, Payroll Tax, Super) and approval of these lodgments.
- Review of monthly payroll journal inputs for all entities. MYOB payroll administration.
- Monthly accounting journals and systems.
- Management and review of the monthly GL reconciliations
- Weekly cashflow preparation and reporting to parent entity ERM and discuss operating cashflow requirements with Group Finance Manager.
- Assist with the annual budgeting process.
- Actively contribute to and manage the audit processes.
- Preparation/lodgment of BAS, VAT, WHT, PAYG, FBT returns.
Candidates who have the following are encouraged to apply:
- Significant experience working in finance in a company with multiple international entities is essential.
- Proven ability to effectively lead, train, coach and motivate a team to achieve their goals.
- Strong knowledge of payroll, project accounting and payroll.
- Highly competent in extracting and analysing data from accounting systems.
- Excellent communication and the proven ability to work as a productive and positive team member.
- Exceptional attention to detail, confidentiality, work prioritisation, enthusiastic and capable of working in a dynamic environment.
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance/Accounting and a current professional designation.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with expert level Excel.
- Experience with MYOB, GMS/BST is highly desirable.
Resumes will be screened when they are received. All candidates must have Australian working rights.
No resumes will be accepted from agencies. Thank you for adhering to this requirement.
CSA Global is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability status.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as an accountant?Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?How many years of people management experience do you have?How much notice are you required to give your current employer?What's your expected annual base salary?How many years of payroll experience do you have?Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?