Title: Senior Finance Business Partner, Expense Management
Company Name: Ethos BeathChapman
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, sydney
Employment Status: Full Time
Our client is a leading Australian financial services organisation and employer of choice. They offer superb flexibility and work life balance and the business is currently going through an exciting period of growth.
They currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced finance business partner with a cost and expense management background to join their high performing finance team. Reporting to the head of finance - expense management you will focus on the following:
- Ensure that accounts and people assigned to the relevant areas are accurately costed and represent a true and fair reflection of expenses.
- A critical analysis of processes will be required to ensure that they support accuracy and reliability of the financial information.
- Delivery and maintenance of Expense Management Framework in which planning, accounting, reporting, and analysis is framed for the functional unit.
- Working with Shared Service Leadership team to provide direction for appropriate expense wallet for the group as part of target setting
- Ownership of expense related reporting.
- Writing of commentaries and analysis of activities and performance, particularly around variance analysis;
- Conducting financial review meetings with senior leaders to identify opportunities, costs controlled and issues escalated where appropriate;
- Lead/Influence of regular expense planning cycles for the functional unit
- Ownership of Expense planning, budgeting, and forecasting process for the functional unit
- Liaising with wider team in relation to budgets, monthly results and ad hoc projects;
- Management of expense apportionment process and periodic review
- Partner with the Shared Services Functional leadership teams to drive improvements that enable greater commercial insight for enterprise performance reporting
- Helps drive collaboration and accountability of stakeholders so that a close working is achieved with other teams and a functional unit to
- Influence senior leadership to make the best commercial decision
Required skills and experience:
- CA/CPA/CIMA qualified
- Minimum 3-5 years post qualified experience in expense or cost focused management accounting / finance business partnering space
- Financial Services background
- Budgeting, forecasting and planning experience
- Strong BI system experience
- Outstanding relationship building, presentation and stakeholder management skills
This is a permanent role with a leading financial services organisation which would offer superb career growth.