Title: Senior Finance Officer
Company Name: State Revenue Office
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, melbourne
Employment Status: Full Time
Senior Finance Officer, Finance and Administration
- Salary $70,791 plus 9.5% superannuation - VPS Grade 3
- Based in Melbourne CBD or Ballarat Govhub
The role involves the provision of a wide range of financial tasks focusing on accounts receivable and accounts payable processes.
Reporting to the Team Leader Corporate Governance and Finance, you will be required to:
- Participate in the accounts payable function by managing the invoice processes, ensuring that all payments to recurrent and administered suppliers are within agreed terms and that all audit and compliance standards are maintained.
- Participate in the accounts receivable function by performing the daily reconciliation of banking to revenue lines, including the preparation of the revenue journal.
- Prepare and input journals to the general ledger in SRO's financial system.
- Perform the daily transfers of data to and from our core banker.
- Participate in the daily management of suspense payments, including the investigation and allocation of payments.
- Maintain statistical banking information such as payment source, payment method and revenue type.
- Provide excellent customer service when dealing with SRO staff and customers.
- Work as a member of a team, accepting responsibility for the delivery of team and branch objectives.
- Perform duties using standard procedures, instructions and set guidelines
The ideal candidate
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in the application and use of cloud based financial systems, preferably Oracle Financials.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of financial policies and procedures ensuring compliance to all relevant legislation.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work to meet prescribed deadlines.
- Attention to detail and delivery of quality outputs.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, with strong and demonstrable negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of customer service.
- Ability to work cooperatively and professionally in a team environment.
- Ability to use analytical skills to solve problems and initiate improvements to systems and procedures in the work area.
For more information, please read the position description or contact Kimberley Dunbar, Team Leader Corporate Governance and Finance at [email protected]
If you need a copy of this advertisement and attachments in an accessible format, such as large print, please email [email protected]
To be considered for this role you must submit:
- covering letter
- completed online application form, and
- a current resume
via this website by 5pm on Thursday 13 May 2021.