Title: Senior Financial Accountant
Company Name: Future Estate
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs, cremorne
Employment Status: Full Time
About Future Estate Group
Future Estate is an entrepreneurial and diversified
property management, investment and development
group, offering full service development management,
boutique serviced apartment and hotel operators
management, building management and owners
corporation management capabilities.
The role will aid the finance team to prepare business
accounts and financial documents for the group. As well
as supporting other business functions by managing the
budgeting process and delivery of executive reports.
- Prepare and ensure integrity of the financial
statements, annual budgets and periodic forecasts
- Maintain and review of balance sheet reconciliations, which include general ledger, inter-company loan reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of internal policies and procedures to ensure they are compliant with accounting policies
- Liaise with external auditors, tax agents and
- Timely, efficient, and accurate completion of quarterly and monthly Business Activity Statements
- Assist with the preparation of Corporate Income Tax Returns
- Manage an accurate and comprehensive fixed asset register and depreciation schedule across multiple entities
- Prepare monthly and end of year
consolidated reports for the business units and conduct variance analysis, including monthly reviews with the executive team
- Assist with auditing the statutory trust accounts
- Carry out ad hoc projects and investigate
complex financial queries to support the executive management team.
Skills and experience required
- University degree in commerce, business, or
accounting CA/CPA Qualification (or working
- 2-5 years of financial accounting and reporting experience within either a medium/large corporate or,
public practice environment
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft office suite
- Proficiency in Xero accounting software
- An analytical mind
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work autonomously
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business awareness
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Deadline-orientated and an ability to stick to time constraints
- Exposure to Property IQ software, looked upon favourably.
If this sounds like you, please apply now. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Read Before Apply
Do you have experience using Xero?