Title: Senior Financial Worker
Company Name: Randstad Professionals
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Northern QLD, bowen
Employment Status: Part Time
Randstad is currently seeking a permanent part time (30.4hrs per week) Senior Financial Worker for our not for profit client, this position is based in Bowen.
The Senior Financial Resilience Worker strengthens access to programs, products and services as alternatives to high interest loans.The position provides emergency relief in line with the individual's capacity to maintain sustainable financial literacy.
- Assess clients, determine eligibility for service, and develop and evaluate plans appropriate to cultural and other target group needs in consultation with clients.
- Provide financial resilience individual and group sessions, utilising a variety of intervention methods and strategies that are responsive to client needs.
- Negotiate referrals and facilitate client access to appropriate agencies within the service sector including linking clients into supplementary supports.
- Advocate with utilities and low level creditors and assist clients to access concessions and subsidies.
- Follow equitable and appropriate procedures and policies in relation to distribution of emergency relief.
- Establish and maintain links between the service and other key service providers and community groups.
- To maintain comprehensive, professional, up-to-date client records and ensure confidentiality at all times.
- To prepare program information and reports as required.
- Participate in program and service planning, review, monitoring and evaluation activities, to ensure efficient, effective and appropriate service provision.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the application of the legislation relevant to credit consumers in state and federal legislation
- Manage the day to day responsibilities of the Bowen office.
- Experience in a similar role
- Current driver's license
- Ability to obtain a working with children Blue Card
- Ability to work autonomously and manage office tasks.
- Relevant experience and / or a Diploma or Certificate relating to Financial Resilience/Literacy or currently working towards attaining this with substantial progress towards completion.
- Extensive experience in Financial Resilience/Literacy and/or Social and Community Services.
- The ability to formulate goals and facilitate a positive approach in working with individuals to achieve these goals within established time frames.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the impact and issues related to financial crisis and associated behaviours.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.