Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Company Name: sportsbet.com.au
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne,
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
Sportsbet's purpose is to bring excitement to life for its customers and we do this by overdelivering on excitement through serious fun, disrupting the status quo and living our values. We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer with over 7000 cool, clever and curious people around the world. We’re a global player, but in Melbourne, Sydney and Darwin we’re tight knit, with 800 of us bringing excitement to life every day.
Our commitment to responsible gambling is genuine and demonstrated through the wide range of responsible gambling initiatives and tools – take a look: https://responsiblegambling.sportsbet.com.au/hc/en-us
The Internal Audit team is imbedded in the fun and social Finance area, and forms part of the broader Flutter Group Internal Audit function. While our focus is on exceptional quality internal audit, our ability to build relationships with the broader organization is what sets us apart.
Key Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Completion of assigned audit projects in accordance with defined quality standards and deadlines. This involves scoping projects, conducting interviews with process owners, documenting process flows, selecting and testing the samples, evaluating and discussing results of testing, developing written findings and preparing a written report for management.
- Evaluating the adequacy and timeliness of management’s response and the corrective action taken on audit recommendations.
- Effectively liaising with key stake holders within the organisation
- Support in preparing monthly reporting for Executive Management and the Audit Committee
- Becoming an advisor to the business on risk matters specifically around business process changes
- Leveraging relationships across the business to raise the profile of Internal Audit as well as the agenda of improved internal controls and risk management.
- Maintaining audit proficiency and assisting in improving internal audit processes
- Audit experience obtained in professional services and / or large to medium size corporate.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or information systems plus CA, CPA or CIA.
- Ability to influence change at all levels of management
- Strong relationship building and maintenance skills
- Ability to identify issues and associated risks, and provide practical solutions to a wide range of audit issues
- Experience or aptitude for using data analytics tools and techniques in an audit role would be beneficial
- Knowledge of assessing IT general controls desirable but not mandatory
We don’t expect you to do this for free, so along with your salary we will also provide you with:
- Tailored career development programs, and opportunities
- 25 days annual leave
- Discounted Myki & gym memberships, free snack bar and loads of event, conference tickets and many more
- Best in class Parental Leave program with six months paid leave for Primary Carers
We look to prioritise personal development opportunities for our team members, so they are up to speed on the latest technologies, practices and ways of working to help them as their careers grow. We are in a competitive industry so smart lean delivery and innovation will be key to your success.