Title: Senior Management Accountant (Fixed Term)
Company Name: Tri-Star Petroleum Company
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs, brisbane
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
Tri-Star Petroleum Company is a dynamic and growing family-owned and operated exploration company headquartered in Houston, Texas with significant operations managed through our Brisbane, Australia office. Since its establishment in Australia in the early 1990s, Tri-Star has developed into a respected leader in the exploration of oil, gas and minerals resources throughout Queensland, Northern Territory and South Australia.
Tri-Star are looking for a Senior Management Accountant for a Fixed Term role (approximately 6 months). The role will be part of the Finance Team at Tri-Star.
Areas of responsibility include:
The primary purpose of the role is to backfill the existing Senior Management Accountant role while the incumbent is seconded to Tri-Star’s ERP project. The role will carry out management, joint venture and legacy systems accounting, management reporting and budgeting and forecasting duties. Some assistance will also be required to cover some parts of the Financial Accountant role. Tasks will include:
- Supporting the Chief Accounting Officer with quarterly reforecast compilation and modelling.
- Managing AFE creation, budget loading and reporting of actual expenditure.
- Tracking expenditure against Annual Work program and Budget forecasts and purchase requisitions.
- Preparing cash flow forecasts and cash flow reporting
- Preparing monthly management reporting.
- Partnering with Project Managers to provide information they require to closely manage project expenditure.
- Provision of ad hoc management reporting required by the business
Joint Venture Accounting
- Analysing non-operated joint venture statements and recording Tri-Star’s share of expenditure.
- Recording cash call payments.
- Engaging with the Joint Venture Management and Commercial teams to provide financial information they require to support joint venture relationships and commercial transactions.
- For US and potential future Australian operated joint ventures, prepare expenditure statements, cash calls, royalty returns.
- Reviewing bank reconciliations and ensuring reconciling items are promptly cleared.
- Accounting for royalty and product sales income in accordance with underlying agreements.
- Providing assistance to the Financial Accountant to partly cover her during the ERP project implementation
- Providing some post-implementation support on the ERP system to assist with the transition from the legacy system to the new system
What you bring to the role:
- At least 10 years post qualification accounting experience working in roles with broad experience across all disciplines
- Experience in the upstream oil & gas or resources industries
- Hands on experience with an end to end ERP project implementation, including reporting tools
- Strong Excel skills and experience in preparing robust and transparent budget and forecast models
- CA/CPA qualification
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting or Economics.
- Strong understanding of taxation legislation and government reporting processes.
- Attention to detail and dedication to work through issues to develop practical and appropriate solutions
- Willingness to work in a small team and deal hands on with ad hoc issues as they arise
- Positive attitude and drive to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities
If the above opportunity sounds like the right fit for your skills and experience, please apply via Seek. For a confidential discussion regarding the role please contact Vidya Harikumar, HR Director on [email protected] Tri-Star will offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Read Before Apply
How many years' experience do you have as a management accountant?How many years' experience do you have with forecasting for businesses?Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for budget management & forecasting?