Title: Statutory Reporting Manager
Company Name: QBE
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, sydney
Employment Status: Full Time
Statutory Reporting Manager
Your part in a changing world
At QBE, we’re driven by our purpose – to give people the confidence to achieve their ambitions.
We are an international insurer and reinsurer offering a diverse portfolio of commercial, personal and specialty products, as well as risk management solutions. Our product portfolio includes property, motor, crop, energy, marine and aviation. We employee a team of more than 11,800 people, in 27 countries around the world.
As the Statutory Reporting Manager, you will manage the Group’s financial reporting, including understanding and reflecting the impacts of changes in accounting and disclosure requirements. Also managing or contributing to other projects that arise from time to time, which may include other forms of external or internal reporting, accounting analysis, transactional work, and other processes.
- Co-ordinate closely with other teams and departments (Group Finance consolidation team, Group Actuarial, Group Investor Relations, Group Investments, Group Rewards, Group Treasury, Group Legal) and other relevant stakeholders including divisions to ensure financial reporting requirements are met.
- Awareness and understanding of upcoming changes in accounting and disclosure requirements, resulting from both external and internal factors, and works with other teams as appropriate with sufficient lead time to plan for and incorporate those changes in financial reports and build appropriate supporting processes
- Ensure that financial reporting requirements are achieved and comply (including compliance with internal governance and risk management policies).
- Ensure issues are communicated/escalated/resolved in an appropriate and timely manner
- Communicate information to auditors and be responsive to audit queries.
- Provide necessary financial reporting support to other teams (e.g., in relation to rating agencies).
- Be aware of the changing needs of key stakeholders to ensure that information provided is relevant to their current business needs
- Develop a strong understanding of financial reporting requirements and internal processes to meet those requirements, including understanding and planning for changes in accounting and reporting requirements resulting from both internal and external factors.
- Build and manage good relationships with other key stakeholders, including Group Finance consolidation team, Group Actuarial, Group Investor Relations, Group Investments, Group Treasury, Group Legal.
- Demonstrate ownership of financial statements and work with FP&A, Investor Relations, Group Communications, Group Treasury, and other divisional and Group teams to ensure that information is consistent between front half and back half and other documents (e.g., annual review).
- Support other team members by sharing knowledge and experience across the team, reviewing and providing constructive feedback on other team members’ work
Your story so far
- Strong financial accounting background (CA/CPA or equivalent) with demonstrated continuous professional development in line with the requirements of own professional accounting body.
- Excellent technical accounting skills including a sound understanding of Australian and International reporting standards.
- An awareness of events (financial, economic and industry related) outside QBE to add greater value to the regulatory reporting process.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry and insurance products
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capability with an ability to work systematically through complex matters and positively influence outcomes.
- Self-motivated and ability to work towards positive outcomes with minimum guidance
- Strong skills in excel, word, powerpoint and the ability to quickly become highly efficient in the use of new systems.
We are here to support you
We are proud to have been Voted #5 in the 2019 Top 20 Australian Workplaces for New Dads (HBF Direct Advice for Dads) and we achieved Gold Employer status in both the 2019 and 2020 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI). We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance.
As a QBE employee, we will offer you:
- [email protected] leave to enhance your work/life integration
- Our ‘At My Best’ wellbeing program, which includes a free 12-month subscription to Headspace
- Access to ‘Share the Care’ – 12 weeks’ flexible leave for new parents inclusive of paid superannuation
- The ability to maximise retirement savings through voluntary super contributions and company matching
- Income protection insurance and reimbursed Death and Total Permanent Disability insurance premiums
- Access to REACH My Best - free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, financial and legal advice and confidential counselling
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services
Click APPLY now. Successful applicants will need to complete work rights, police and credit checks through our online provider as a condition of employment.
QBE recognise the value of diverse perspectives and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected for who they are. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements or you would like to connect with one of our networks please contact us at [email protected]