Title: Tax Accountant
Company Name: Northmore and Northmore
Job Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth, Northern Suburbs & Joondalup, joondalup
Employment Status: Casual/Vacation
We are a boutique CA practice in Joondalup WA (adjacent to Lakeside Shopping Mall). We are seeking to employ either a:
- experienced Bookkeeper who is interested in becoming a Tax Accountant or
- an experienced hands on Tax Accountant with extensive bookkeeping experience using Xero and MYOB.
This role reports directly to the firm's principal. As this is a very small office environment, we are seeking someone with a friendly disposition.
Qualifications & experience
- Degree qualified or working towards a degree.
- Thorough working knowledge of Xero including payroll.
- Thorough working knowledge of MYOB Essentials and AccountRight including payroll and inventory.
- HandiSoft Suite (HandiLedger, HandiTax) knowledge preferable.
- Strong Bookkeeping and reconciliation skills in general (preferably in a public practice).
- Strong excel skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Must live and work in Australia on a permanent basis.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workloads and meet deadlines by offering extra hours during peak times.
- Ability to handle pressure during peak times.
- Ability to learn quickly and a keen interest in growing with the practice.
Tasks & responsibilities
- General tax related matters and administration as required.
- Working on a diverse client base doing bookkeeping, payroll and reconciliations.
- BAS, IAS & FBT preparation in Handitax.
- Preparing SGC statements.
- Dealing with the ATO as required.
- MYOB and Xero support including running client payroll and preparing adjustment journals.
- Preparing tax returns for individuals, trusts, partnerships and companies in Handitax.
- ASIC compliance work.
- Financial statement preparation in Handiledger.
- Performing audit tasks for non profit organizations.
- Flexibility; work from the office in Joondalup during school hours (during school term) Mon to Fri, with the ability to work from home in the afternoons and school holidays (if required). Please note that hours and days can be changed to suit. Minimum 25 hours per week required.
- For the right candidate, this role has scope to grow with the practice.
- We can offer mentorship though the CA program.
- Rate per hour is commensurate with experience. Please note that this is an ongoing casual position.
Please apply via Seek with cover letter and up-to-date resume. In your cover letter, in a separate paragraph headed “Why I am applying for this role”, please state specifically what it is about this role that appeals to you.
No agencies please.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as a taxation accountant?Do you have experience using Xero?Do you have experience using MYOB?Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?How many years of public practice accounting experience do you have?How many years of taxation experience do you have?Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?