Title: Tax Accountant
Company Name: Robert Walters
Job Location: Australia, South Australia, Adelaide, bowden
Employment Status: Full Time
A national brand is expanding operations into Adelaide with a newly created Tax Division. This role offers a rare opportunity to play a major role in setting up a new office, processes and forge market branding. This organisation has a preexisting Adelaide client base, historically managed out of their Sydney office. This role will take over the client base, drive new business opportunity and provide a high level of service to stakeholders.
- Preparation and consolidation of weekly reporting data, monthly management accounts and quarterly board packs for Group HQ
- Lead the annual Group audit and ensure that the financial statements comply with Group accounting policies and Australian accounting standards.
- Responsible for the review and on-time lodgement of all indirect tax requirements, including GST, FBT, Company Instalment Tax, Payroll Tax and Workcover.
- Management of tax fixed asset registers, in conjunction with the broader Finance team
- Preparation of end of year Group Tax calculations and annual income tax returns for the Group in conjunction with the Groups Tax Agent.
- Co-ordinate the Internal Audit function and work with all stakeholders both within Australia and at Group HQ, to ensure processes and procedures are implemented and maintained across the Australian Group.
You will have:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
- Big 4/Mid-Tier practice background
- 4 - 7 years taxation experience within a large organisation or Big 4/Mid-Tier firm
- Well versed with Australian Tax standards
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Excellent attention to detail
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
To apply please click apply or call Amber Bowden on +61 8 82163556 for a confidential discussion.