Title: Tax Advisor
Company Name: Brunel
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs, docklands
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
About the business
Brunel Australasia are currently recruiting for a Tax Advisor. This is an exciting opportunity to join a global Oil & Gas industry leader, working from their operations in Docklands, Melbourne.
About the role
Responsible for calculating, preparing and submitting tax returns. Advises about business plans and investment opportunities. Provides guidance about taxation legislation. Streamlines and minimises tax liabilities and liaises with the revenue, customs and excise departments, where applicable. Minimal work direction needed, highly skilled and knowledgeable on commercial or business subject matter expertise.
Benefits and perks
- 12 Month contract (May 2022) with strong possibility of extension
- Melbourne Docklands
- Mon-Fri | 08:00-17:00
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Skills and experience
- 5+ years' relevant experience
- Sound tax advice to optimise business transactions, ensuring that the advice is compliant with the tax law of the relevant jurisdiction
- Advise on all aspect of tax controversies between company and government tax authorities
- Analyse, monitor and, when possible, influence proposed legislation, including determining the impact on the business and recommending actions to maximise the benefits or minimise adverse aspects of the legislation
- Lead compliance activities across a range of activities
- Review of taxation returns and other lodgments
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?Do you have experience working for a large corporate?How many years of taxation experience do you have?