Title: Tax Analyst
Company Name: KraftHeinz
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs, melbourne
Employment Status: Full Time
About the role:
We are looking for Tax Analyst to join our Melbourne head office. The tax analyst will support Kraft Heinz ANZ Group Finance-Tax Team in the provision of tax compliance and tax advisory services to the Australian and New Zealand business. They will work alongside the Head of Tax with global tax processes and initiatives, including transfer pricing matters and compliance with the tax governance framework and policies. This position is open to candidates interested in full time working arrangements and is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in joining a fast-growing business in a role with international exposure.
- Preparation of income tax returns, payments and other tax related statutory documentation for entities in the Australian and New Zealand entities.
- Preparation of tax effect accounting entries for entities within the Australian and New Zealand businesses, for statutory and internal reporting purposes.
- Consolidation of Kraft Heinz ANZ Group tax effect accounting and preparation of tax disclosures for the group statutory accounts.
- Preparation of fringe benefit tax returns and payments for entities in the Australian and New Zealand businesses.
- Review monthly business activity statements including the GST returns.
- Assistance with the annual Research and Development (R&D) tax incentive claim process and liason with external R&D advisors and internal project managers.
- Assistance with the implementation of transfer pricing arrangements and with the preparation of transfer pricing documentation (including local file submission to the relevant tax offices).
- Assistance with ad hoc tax advisory work including liaison with local and international tax advisors.
- Provide support in implementing and maintaining tax policies and procedures
- Qualified Chartered Accountant/CPA or studying towards
- Good interpersonal skills are key together with a good grasp of all technical taxation issues
- Large corporate tax experience gained in a professional accounting firm and/or a multinational corporate
- Experience in Australian income tax compliance (including tax consolidated groups), as well as fringe benefits tax and GST
- Experience in the preparation of tax effect accounting entries and tax reporting for statutory purposes
- Experience with implementation of transfer pricing arrangements will be highly regarded (but not mandatory)
- Experience working within, and implementation of tax governance protocols and procedures for large corporate groups
- Candidates should be familiar with the taxation principles and policy covering Australian and New Zealand Tax law, interpreting same, liaison with Taxation advisors and Global Tax staff to ensure most favourable result obtained within context of Kraft Heinz policy and true and fair requirements.
- Solid working knowledge of Taxation across all facets of taxation types, especially indirect tax.
- Legally permitted to work in Australia
- Energetic, positive, transparent and engaging with a natural skill for developing relationships both internally and externally
- Strong planning, project management and monitoring skills, attention to detail
- Flexibility in managing multiple deadlines
- Coordinate work effectively ensuring high quality and timely service delivery to stakeholders
We empower our people to own their work, and it’s true our employees are our competitive advantage – so we take care of our Kraft Heinz family with our ‘Live Well’ benefits program:
- Gatherings - End of Year Celebration
- Wellbeing – annual health checks & flu shots, wellbeing sessions & webinars
- Parental Leave - 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregiver
The Kraft Heinz Company Australia & New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces, promotes and values diversity and inclusion
Bring your appetite for more!
Applications may be reviewed and interviews conducted prior to the close date so don’t wait – apply now!