Title: Tax Consultant - Manager
Company Name: Moore Australia (QLD/NNSW)
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs, brisbane
Employment Status: Full Time
At Moore Australia, it’s not about us. It’s all about you.
What we can offer you
At Moore Australia (QLD/NNSW), we understand that it’s more than just a job. We help our staff to create the career they desire. We offer additional benefits such as:
- In-house and external training programs/sessions
- Generous study support
- Industry membership sponsorship
- Social and lifestyle benefits and activities
- Value driven corporate culture and activities program
- Opportunities to mentor junior staff
- Direct access to Directors and to be mentored
About the opportunity
Based in our Brisbane CBD office we are looking for the right team member who is happy to take on challenges and help us in our continued strong and dynamic growth strategy, in a tax consulting division, by:
- Working directly with the Tax Director
- Helping build and grow a tax practice within a $20m turnover accounting firm that sits within a global brand (unlimited career progression)
- Working on tax advisory matters as they arise, including:
- Structuring and restructuring
- ATO and revenue office audits
- Private rulings
- Assisting with succession planning
- International tax advice for inbound individuals and businesses
- All income tax, and indirect and state taxes
- And more….
- Minimal compliance work
- As part of a global brand you will be working with our international network on clients of all sizes
- You will be helping further develop the practice through assisting with learning and development and business development initiatives
- You will be joining a thriving tax practice and helping it grow further including mentoring staff
- At least 5 years of Australian experience in a tax consulting or a business advisory/tax consulting role in a mid-tier or top tier firm that has a strong understanding of tax legislation, SME CGT concessions, tax consequences of sale and restructure of businesses, international tax
- Deadline driven with an attention to detail
- Ability to build rapport easily with a diverse range of stakeholders (internal and external)
- Great communicator - written (clear communication in your advice) and verbal (to speak with clients)
- Excellent research skills coupled with comprehension and application of facts
- It’d be great if you have some understanding of either international tax issues and/or the agricultural industry
We are a progressive and active member of the Moore Australia International network with 600+ offices in 112 countries sees our proven network give you access to experts and specialists around the world - local market knowledge and absolute international strength..
With 130 staff and 15 Directors across a number of different service lines, Moore Australia Queensland and Northern NSW, has a great reputation locally, nationally and internationally.
We are a leading provider of business solutions to the market and our purpose is to provide advisory, assurance, accounting, taxation and technology solutions to organisations and private clients; helping them achieve their goals. We have an exciting vision and well planned strategy for our future growth and are dedicated to building a team, culture and environment where everybody has the opportunity to contribute to our success.
Remuneration will be negotiated commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
To apply, upload your Covering Letter, detailing how you meet this position's requirements and your CV outlining your work history.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
For a confidential discussion about this position please contact Daleen Van Der Merwe, HR Manager on 07 3287 2266.
Moore Australia – Helping You Thrive in a Changing World
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years of public practice accounting experience do you have?How many years of taxation experience do you have?What's your expected annual base salary?How much notice are you required to give your current employer?