Title: Taxation and Business Services Accountant
Company Name: Ignite Accounting
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane, Southern Suburbs & Logan, springwood
Employment Status: Full Time
Ignite Accounting is a small client focused CPA accounting firm in Springwood dealing in all facets of taxation and superannuation. A position has opened up where we require the services of an enthusiastic and driven taxation and business services accountant to help with the preparation of all types of tax return forms, financial statements, SMSF fund administration and client engagement and advice where necessary.
We pride ourselves on offering valued, timely advice and service to all our valued clients. The successful applicant will therefore require an eye for detail, be hard-working and self-motivated, and be open to working in a friendly work environment that supports their career development.
The position is Full-Time M-F with some flexibility with starting and finishing times. Preferably the suitable candidate would have 5-10 years plus direct experience working in a public practice. CPA or CA qualifications would be an advantage as would previous experience conversing with clients and completing face-to-face preparation of I returns. It would be expected that you would have a thorough and current understanding of the taxation landscape in line with your level of experience.
An attractive remuneration package would be negotiated with the successful applicant and be commensurate with your level of experience and qualifications.
Ideally the successful candidate would have:
• current and in-depth taxation knowledge;
• solid hands-on experience with Xero and Myob with the ability to learn other software systems fast;
• strong Excel and Word skills;
• BGL Desktop Simple Fund and BGL Simple Fund 360 experience;
• knowledge of the Handisoft suite of software for tax, financial preparation and practice administration;
• excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
• positive attitude and excellent organisational skills;
• competent data entry skills and strong attention to detail;
• ability to work autonomously and part of a team.
The duties of this position will include:
• tax return preparation (I, P, T, C & SMSF forms)
• financial statement preparation for all entity types and sizes
• BAS/IAS preparation
• entity setup and ABN/TFN and other registrations.
• tax planning and advice as required
• assisting clients with their software needs and queries
• implementation of new software systems for clients
• dealing with the ATO as required
• general tax related matters and administration as required
• assisting other staff where necessary